plugin was built with a different version of package

Sebin Matthew

Mar 15, 2024, 4:26:45 PMMar 15
to KrakenD Community
Hi,
     We are using krakend community edition and wish to integrate it with new relic for monitoring.
   We have written a server plugin to intercept every request and audit it into a database. In this plugin we also wish to instrument the subsequent api call made to the backend services.
   However we keep receiving the below error

2024/03/16 01:44:29 KRAKEND DEBUG: [SERVICE: Executor Plugin] plugin #7 (/Users/sebin.matthew/Desktop/krakend/plugins/request_response_logger.so): plugin.Open("/Users/sebin.matthew/Desktop/krakend/plugins/request_response_logger"): plugin was built with a different version of package google.golang.org/grpc/backoff

we executed the below commands and found no conflict in the go versions

krakend version

KrakenD Version: 2.1.0

Go Version: 1.19.1

Glibc Version: DARWIN-12.6

go version

go version go1.19.1 darwin/arm64

We also tried the check-plugin command to resolve dependencies, but it goes in an infinite loop where there is always a list of go get commands to be executed.

Can you please help us with this? We always receive this error every time we wish to customize our plugins by adding new imports. This has become a blocker.

The import we used was

Sebin Matthew

Apr 27, 2024, 9:26:18 AMApr 27
to KrakenD Community
Hi please help us with this. We are severely restrained in customizing our plugins because of this.

Albert Lombarte

Apr 29, 2024, 4:13:37 AMApr 29
to KrakenD Community, sebin....@go-yubi.com
Hello Sebin,

The New Relic integration is already available in the Enterprise edition, which would not require any plugin development. Please let me know if you are interested in exploring further.

Best regards

El dia dissabte, 27 d’abril del 2024 a les 15:26:18 UTC+2, sebin....@go-yubi.com va escriure:

Sebin Matthew

Apr 29, 2024, 4:38:34 AMApr 29
to Albert Lombarte, KrakenD Community
Hi Albert,
            Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to go ahead with the Enterprise edition.
            Is there a way to get it done in community edition using plugins?

Albert Lombarte

Apr 29, 2024, 5:04:40 AMApr 29
to sebin....@go-yubi.com, KrakenD Community
Hi Sebin,

You can create a plugin that sends data to NewRelic, but monitoring/tracing should be present across all the request and response journeys with full context, and plugins do not see the complete flow. Using community you can implement OpenTelemetry and send the data to a collector that pushes to New Relic. It has visibility of everything and does not require a plugin. https://www.krakend.io/docs/telemetry/opentelemetry/#otlp-exporter-push

Logo
Albert Lombarte
CEO

LinkedIn icon   Twitter icon