Recess and lunch volunteer signup

Isaac Wedin

Feb 11, 2023, 2:18:48 PM2/11/23
to KPEaglenet
Hello all,

I'd like to make a special appeal this week for recess volunteers. Your assistance is greatly appreciated during recess to help our staff maintain a safe environment. Special thanks to everyone who helped out last week while I was out with COVID!

A couple of FAQs/reminders:
  • You can always sign up for lunch and follow your child to recess (or vice versa).
  • If you're available at the last minute, feel free to drop in for recess or lunch without signing up - just sign in at the front office.
  • You must bring a driver's license or state ID to sign in at the front office using the Volunteer Management System badge printer.
  • When you arrive at lunch or recess, please locate a staff member and introduce yourself.
  • If outdoor recess is cancelled due to weather, please consider volunteering at lunch instead - that helps free up staff members to supervise indoor recess.
Please be sure you've completed the volunteer training - especially the COVID part. Super volunteer Ileana Benitez has taken over managing the volunteer training documents and is available if you need help.

We're using a WhatsApp group to share lunch and recess status alerts. Send me a note if you'd like the link to join.

Thank you!

Isaac Wedin
KP PTA President
(Oliver 6th, Sophia 4th)

Isaac Wedin

Feb 20, 2023, 3:53:07 PM2/20/23
to KPEaglenet
Hello all,

This is your weekly reminder that volunteering at KP is super fun and helps make our school amazing. Your help is especially appreciated at outdoor recess, supporting our school staff and improving safety. If you prefer a quiet indoor volunteer task, I've added weekly slots to pack take-home snack bags on the first day of the week.

A couple of FAQs/reminders:
  • You can always sign up for lunch and follow your child to recess (or vice versa).
  • If you're available at the last minute, feel free to drop in for recess or lunch without signing up - just sign in at the front office.
  • You must bring a driver's license or state ID to sign in at the front office using the Volunteer Management System badge printer.
Please be sure you've completed the volunteer training - especially the COVID part. Super volunteer Ileana Benitez has taken over managing the volunteer training documents and is available if you need help.

We're using a WhatsApp group to share lunch and recess status alerts.Send me a note if you'd like the link to join.

Thank you!

Isaac Wedin (he/him)

Isaac Wedin

Feb 26, 2023, 1:16:07 PM2/26/23
to KPEaglenet
Hello all,

This is your weekly reminder that volunteering at KP is super fun and helps make our school amazing. Your help is especially appreciated at outdoor recess, supporting our school staff and improving safety. If you prefer a quieter volunteer task, I've added weekly slots to pack take-home snack bags on the first day of the week.

Isaac Wedin

Mar 5, 2023, 12:37:04 PM3/5/23
to KPEaglenet
Hello all,

This is your weekly reminder that volunteering at KP is super fun and helps make our school amazing. If you prefer a quiet indoor volunteer task, we now have weekly slots to pack take-home snack bags. If you're volunteering at the Book Fair this week, feel free to drop in to help at lunch or recess if your schedule permits.

Isaac Wedin

Mar 12, 2023, 10:34:40 AM3/12/23
to KPEaglenet
Hello all,

This is your weekly reminder that volunteering at KP is super fun and helps make our school amazing. Please note that Wednesday is an early release day, so no recess (or running club) and lunch starts early at 11:10 am: 1st and 2nd are first, then K & 4th, then 3rd & 5th finish at 1 pm. It's a loud and fun day to volunteer.

If you're looking for something a little quieter, we still need someone to pack take-home snack bags tomorrow.

A couple of FAQs/reminders:
  • You can always sign up for lunch and follow your child to recess (or vice versa).
  • If you're available at the last minute, feel free to drop in for recess or lunch without signing up - just sign in at the front office.
  • You must bring a driver's license or state ID to sign in at the front office using the Volunteer Management System badge printer.
Please be sure you've completed the volunteer training - especially the COVID part. Super volunteer Ileana Benitez manages the volunteer training documents and is available if you need help.

We're using a WhatsApp group to share lunch and recess status alerts. Send me a note if you'd like the link to join.

Thank you!

Isaac Wedin (he/him)
KP PTA President
(Oliver 6th, Sophia 4th)
Ask me about joining the PTA board!

Isaac Wedin

Mar 19, 2023, 10:21:23 PM3/19/23
to KPEaglenet
Hello all,

This is your weekly reminder that volunteering at KP is super fun and helps make our school amazing. By popular request, I've added grade level lunch and recess volunteer slots, so you can easily sign up to follow your child from lunch to recess or vice versa. Let me know if you see any mistakes!

Isaac Wedin

Mar 26, 2023, 8:51:11 PM3/26/23
to KPEaglenet
Hello all,

This is your weekly reminder that volunteering at KP is super fun and helps make our school amazing. This is a short 4-day week before Spring Break, then school resumes on Tuesday, April 11th.