Failed to load _eeschema.kiface library when open Schematic Editor

Liam Pham

Feb 22, 2023, 10:40:03 AM2/22/23
to KiCad Developers
Hello Kicad developers,
I'm quite new developer here. It takes me several hours to get the Kicad run from source.
Now I'm stuck at this step. Any one can help me overcome this issue?

Error:
Failed to load kiface library '/usr/local/bin/_eeschema.kiface'

2023-02-22_22h29_55.png

Seth Hillbrand

Feb 22, 2023, 12:13:10 PM2/22/23
to dev...@kicad.org
Hi Liam-

Did you run `make install`?

If you want to run binaries from your build directory, you can use:

`KICAD_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIR=1 ./kicad/kicad`

Seth

KiCad Services Corporation Logo
Seth Hillbrand
Lead Developer
+1-530-302-5483
Long Beach, CA
www.kipro-pcb.com    in...@kipro-pcb.com

Liang Jia

Feb 22, 2023, 8:39:39 PM2/22/23
to dev...@kicad.org
Hi Liam,

I also encountered the same issue when launching pcbnew after compiled.
You can try ldconfig to let Linux know your new added library.

Hope this can help.

Sincerely
Liang

Liam Pham

Feb 23, 2023, 10:28:53 AM2/23/23
to KiCad Developers, lantian...@gmail.com
@Seth
Thank you, I did but still have same issue.

@lantian
I encounter the issue with pcbnew same as you, then I run "$ sudo ldconfig".
pcbnew can open now but encounter this issue (as title). What is your command exactly?

Eeli Kaikkonen

Liang Jia

Feb 26, 2023, 10:23:33 PM2/26/23
to dev...@kicad.org
Hi Eeli,
Thanks for your email, I hope I have seen your link when I encounter this problem.

Hi Liam,
IF the problem which you encounter is not with me. I think you should first need to know what's the real issue?

Hi All,
Does anyone know if KiCAD has any datalog or not?
I can't find it under /var/log directory, the last way is to debug with gdb.

PS:
My problem snap is below:
image.png
PPS:
Please make sure to run make install below start any kicad binary,
KICAD_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIR=1 seems not to work for some binary.

Sincerely
Liang

Liam Pham

Feb 28, 2023, 12:15:25 AM2/28/23
to KiCad Developers, lantian...@gmail.com
@Seth
After spending several days to analyze issue. The last time I rebuild whole thing. I focus on build configuration for ngspice [ngspice install guide] and folder path carefully. Now I get everything runable by using your command:
$ cd build
$ KICAD_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIR=1 ./kicad/kicad
Thank you everyone.