Stable version 6.0.7 released.

Wayne Stambaugh

Jul 27, 2022, 3:43:04 PM7/27/22
to dev...@kicad.org
Version 6.0.7 of KiCad has officially been released[1]. Thank you
everyone for your efforts in making this release possible.

Cheers,

Wayne

[1]: https://www.kicad.org/blog/2022/07/KiCad-6.0.7-Release/

Niki Guldbrand

Jul 28, 2022, 12:20:02 AM7/28/22
to dev...@kicad.org
Hi Wayne.

Thanks for the release, could you push the 6.0.7 tag to the 6.0 branch
?
Because I can't see the tag, and the 6.0.7 builds are currrently
showing up as 6.0.6-126-g39dd51490d, where 126 is beyound the 6.0.7
release point I guess.

This is the version string that CMake writes out:
Writing /home/niki/Sync/Kicad/Software/kicad-6.0-build_Release/kicad_build_version.h file with version: (6.0.6-126-g39dd51490d)

Best regards

Niki

Wayne Stambaugh

Jul 28, 2022, 7:55:49 AM7/28/22
to dev...@kicad.org
Hi Nikki,

Unfortunately there were commits pushed to the 6.0 branch that would
have required reverting and then undoing the revert which would have
made a mess of the 6.0 branch so we decided to create a one time
(hopefully) 6.0.7 branch which has the 6.0.7 tag. I apologize for the
inconvenience. Hopefully this never happens again.

Cheers,

Wayne

Niki Guldbrand

Jul 28, 2022, 9:04:08 AM7/28/22
to dev...@kicad.org
Hi Wayne.

Thanks for the info, hope you don't reject/close (including the bot)
the continued 6.0.6 bug reports.

Wouldn't it have been possible to rebase 6.0 on top of the 6.0.7
branch, and renamed that to 6.0, and force pushed that to gitlab, git
should pick that up by itself i belive, else a new git checkout would
have fixed it on user systems ?

Niki

Wayne Stambaugh

Jul 28, 2022, 9:35:14 AM7/28/22
to dev...@kicad.org
On 7/28/22 9:04 AM, Niki Guldbrand wrote:
> Hi Wayne.
>
> Thanks for the info, hope you don't reject/close (including the bot)
> the continued 6.0.6 bug reports.

The 6.0.7 branch shouldn't affect any bug reporting.

> Wouldn't it have been possible to rebase 6.0 on top of the 6.0.7
> branch, and renamed that to 6.0, and force pushed that to gitlab, git
> should pick that up by itself i belive, else a new git checkout would
> have fixed it on user systems ?

AFAIK, GitLab doesn't let you use the "--force" option when pushing to a
repo or at least the last time I tried it rejected my request. It may
be a setting in GitLab. When I have some time to look at it I will.
I'm not terribly thrilled with the current solution but it resolved most
of our issues so we could get 6.0.7 released.