Re: [kicad] MSYS2 Build Issues

Message has been deleted

Seth Hillbrand

Jul 11, 2022, 11:57:02 PM7/11/22
to KiCad Developers
I think you'll need to include a bit more context around the error message.

Sometimes, the fastest solution is to make a new build directory and restart cmake

Seth

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022, 7:22 PM zhao xu <zx5...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have downloaded the latest version 6.0.6, but when I built the source code using MSYS2,
it had the build error,  shown as below:

make[2]: *** [common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/build.make:2106:
common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/bitmap_info.cpp.obj] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2873: common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:146: all] Error 2

I have no idea how to fix it, I beg your help.

zhao xu

Jul 12, 2022, 1:22:42 AM7/12/22
to KiCad Developers, se...@kipro-pcb.com
Thanks  for your reply, I have tried  many times,, but this problem always arises.
  • I would like to ask what additional error information I need to provide.

jp charras

Jul 12, 2022, 2:15:02 AM7/12/22
to dev...@kicad.org

If the compiler version is 12.x, I saw it on a very recent msys install (gcc 12.1) and I am thinking this is a bug in gcc 12.x.

It does not accept the very large initialized list found in bitmap_info.cpp.

(Error 2 is the returned code of some binary inside gcc)

I have a fix for that (it avoids this very long initialized list).

Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
Message has been deleted

zhao xu

Jul 12, 2022, 10:38:36 PM7/12/22
to KiCad Developers, jp charras
Thanks for your help。

jp charras

Jul 13, 2022, 4:43:08 AM7/13/22
to dev...@kicad.org

Try commit 92681809 .

Le 13/07/2022 à 04:38, zhao xu a écrit :
Thanks for your help。

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS