KiCad nightly packages: where is pcbnew.py?

Salvador E. Tropea

Mar 21, 2023, 7:06:12 AM3/21/23
to dev...@kicad.org
Hi All!

I'm trying to test my plugin using the current nightly. I usually get
the nightlies from https://debian.sur5r.net/kicad-nightly/ (I use Debian
11). But these nightlies aren't currently updated (last 7.99 is one
month old)

So I tried to download a nightly from the official PPA. But I can't find
*pcbnew.py*. Can somebody clarify it?

As an example, try downloading it:

https://launchpad.net/~kicad/+archive/ubuntu/kicad-dev-nightly/+files/kicad-nightly_202303210918+0c26014eaa~170~ubuntu20.04.1_amd64.deb

This was generated a few hours ago, no *pcbnew.py*

Thanks in advance,

SET

Salvador Tropea

Mar 31, 2023, 10:08:19 AM3/31/23
to KiCad Developers, Salvador Tropea
Sorry to insist, the recipe used to create the nightly builds seems to be severely broken.
Last commits on this recipe are from Seth Hillbrand and Jean-Samuel Reynaud.
Can anyone confirm it? No python plugin can be run using these nightlies, they lack the python API.

Evils

Mar 31, 2023, 11:34:57 AM3/31/23
to dev...@kicad.org
note that  this issue may be relevant https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/14346
Apr 2, 2023, 5:24:40 PM4/2/23
to dev...@kicad.org, Salvador Tropea
Try now

Mark

Salvador Tropea

Apr 3, 2023, 8:19:30 AM4/3/23
to KiCad Developers, Salvador Tropea
Hi Mark!
Yes, is there now.
I wonder why in "local" (/usr/lib/kicad-nightly/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages) but is not a big issue.
Thanks