Packager alert: unixodbc dependency

Jon Evans

Aug 22, 2022, 9:32:02 PM8/22/22
to KiCad Developers
Hi all,

The initial work to support database libraries will be merged this week, which will introduce a dependency on unixodbc for non-Windows platforms.  We've been testing this on Ubuntu, Fedora, and macOS with no issues so far.  Please let me know if anyone has any concerns.

Thanks,
Jon

Steven A. Falco

Aug 23, 2022, 10:26:08 AM8/23/22
to dev...@kicad.org
On 8/22/22 09:31 PM, Jon Evans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The initial work to support database libraries will be merged this week, which will introduce a dependency on unixodbc for non-Windows platforms.  We've been testing this on Ubuntu, Fedora, and macOS with no issues so far.  Please let me know if anyone has any concerns.

I've added the unixODBC package requirements to the Fedora nightlies, so Fedora is ready for the merge.

Steve