Lake Ridge Marina Bluegills...

peter odell

Sep 3, 2020, 11:42:48 AM9/3/20
to FCO-F4V Community Forum
I took my kayak out there for 3 hours on Tuesday afternoon (Sept 1).  Water was brown, but much cooler than it has been.  I fished for bluegills using some very small foam ants and a popper (debarbed for quick release), mostly using a 1wt fly rod (next to the lightest, which is a 0 wt).

caught over 100 bluegills in 3 hours, they were hitting really hard on the surface, both near shore and also out a few yards.  Weather was really nice, and I had sealed a leak in my inflatable kayak, so my butt stayed dry.  Great day all in all.

Paul Ketrick

Sep 3, 2020, 12:01:05 PM9/3/20
to FCO-F4V Community Forum
Sorry I missed it as my inflatable kayak's seam split just a couple days before.  No patching this time.  Looking for new hard shell one but stocks are low as boats are selling like crazy right now.