Scotts cove....can't catch fish

Joseph Weiler

Aug 24, 2020, 2:25:09 PM8/24/20
to FCO-F4V Community Forum
My daughter wanted to go fishing today and with the threat of rain we went to Scotts cove since its only 6 minutes away. I don't know why we try there, we've never caught fish. I can see the bait fish but nothing bigger. I have tried different bait, different times of the day etc. If anyone has any suggestions then I (we) would appreciate the help!

Ernie Rojas

Aug 24, 2020, 4:58:10 PM8/24/20
to FCO-F4V Community Forum
Fish are deeper (in reservoirs) now since the water is still warm. They will soon come shallow to fatten up for the winter.

Did you try bits of hot dogs under a bobber for blue gills? Remember to switch depths until you get bites.

Also, throw a wacky worm under a bobber...remember the Armed Forces Retirement Home pond?

Good luck!

Joseph Weiler

Aug 27, 2020, 2:54:26 PM8/27/20
to FCO-F4V Community Forum
I actually used hotdog the other day. I will try. I have had very little luck with lots of different bait. I think I need to try early morning with hotdog. It was a hot day and it was mid day.

Joseph