Suggestion for organising a lecture on Medical Humanities

Amar Jesani

Jul 31, 2014, 1:03:46 AM7/31/14
to MH KEM, kist...@googlegroups.com, eGroup-Mumbai Medical Humanities, Padmaja Samant, Ravi Ramakantan, Sunil K Pandya, Anita Jain
Dear All,

There hasn't been much activity on the medical humanities eGroup of late, so I am not sure whether it is still being made use of or the MH Cell of the KEM is carrying out its activities under different eGroup.

Dr. Anita Jain, the India Editor of the British Medical Journal (to whom a copy of this email is marked) wrote to me that Dr. Jeremy Hill, a family medicine professor and a general practitioner in the NHS, UK, is visiting Mumbai in the last week of September 2014. He has also been volunteering as external faculty for the family medicine program at the CMC, Vellore for a few years now. He is additionally trained in medical education and is exceptionally good in demonstrating clinical consultations. You may access more info on him at: http://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2013/03/07/jeremy-hill-teaching-family-medicine-in-bangalore/

We were wondering whether the Medical Humanities Cell would be interested in organising his lecture at the KEM. In case the MH Cell is interested, I request you to get in touch with Dr. Anita (<AJ...@bmj.com>) and decide on the topic, date and time. I feel that this is a good opportunity to have a program on the MH at the KEM.

Amar
________________________________
Amar Jesani
Independent Researcher and Teacher (Bioethics, Public Health)

Editor:
Indian Journal of Medical Ethics (https://ijme.in)
Visiting Professor: Centre for Ethics, Yenepoya University, Mangalore. (http://www.yenepoya.edu.in/colleges.php?id=41&org=center)

Tel: Mobile: +91-9833073773
Address (Home): 310 Prabhu Darshan, 31 swatantra Saink Nagar, Amboli, Andheri West, Mumbai 400058, State: Maharashtra; India.
(Office): C/O CEHAT, Survey no. 2804-05, Aram Society Road, Vakola, Santacruz East, Mumbai 400055, State: Maharashtra, India

Email: <amar....@gmail.com> & <amarj...@yahoo.co.in>

Dr. Rajkumar Anand

Aug 5, 2014, 3:16:54 AM8/5/14
to amar....@gmail.com, m...@kem.edu, kist...@googlegroups.com, mumb...@kem.edu, padmaja...@yahoo.co.in, ramakan...@gmail.com, shu...@gmail.com, AJ...@bmj.com
Dear All,

Please do take advantage of this opportunity.

Dr. R.K. Anand

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:34:27 +0530 Amar Jesani wrote

>Dear All,

There hasn';t been much activity on the medical humanities eGroup of late, so I am not sure whether it is still being made use of or the MH Cell of the KEM is carrying out its activities under different eGroup.

Dr. Anita Jain, the India Editor of the British Medical Journal (to whom a copy of this email is marked) wrote to me that Dr. Jeremy Hill, a family medicine professor and a general practitioner in the NHS, UK, is visiting Mumbai in the last week of September 2014. He has also been volunteering as external faculty for the family medicine program at the CMC, Vellore for a few years now. He is additionally trained in medical education and is exceptionally good in demonstrating clinical consultations. You may access more info on him at: http://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2013/03/07/jeremy-hill-teaching-family-medicine-in-bangalore/

We were wondering whether the Medical Humanities Cell would be interested in organising his lecture at the KEM. In case the MH Cell is interested, I request you to get in touch with Dr. Anita () and decide on the topic, date and time. I feel that this is a good opportunity to have a program on the MH at the KEM.

Amar________________________________
Amar Jesani
Independent Researcher and Teacher (Bioethics, Public Health)

Editor: Indian Journal of Medical Ethics (https://ijme.in)

Visiting Professor: Centre for Ethics, Yenepoya University, Mangalore. (http://www.yenepoya.edu.in/colleges.php?id=41&org=center)

Tel: Mobile: +91-9833073773
Address (Home): 310 Prabhu Darshan, 31 swatantra Saink Nagar, Amboli, Andheri West, Mumbai 400058, State: Maharashtra; India.
(Office): C/O CEHAT, Survey no. 2804-05, Aram Society Road, Vakola, Santacruz East, Mumbai 400055, State: Maharashtra, India

Email: &

Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
Know More >

Amar Jesani

Aug 5, 2014, 3:22:40 AM8/5/14
to Dr. Rajkumar Anand, MH KEM, kist...@googlegroups.com, eGroup-Mumbai Medical Humanities, Padmaja Samant, Ravi Ramakantan, Sunil K Pandya, Anita Jain
Thanks, for your email Dr. Anand.
I hope the KEM group has written directly to Anita. If not, it would be good to know at the earliest whether such a lecture is possible. I am not involved in clinical practice, and so those who are involved may be able to judge it better whether such a lecture would be of use as a part of the medical humanities work.
amar

________________________________
Amar Jesani
Independent Researcher and Teacher (Bioethics, Public Health)

Editor:
Indian Journal of Medical Ethics (https://ijme.in)
Visiting Professor: Centre for Ethics, Yenepoya University, Mangalore. (http://www.yenepoya.edu.in/colleges.php?id=41&org=center)

Tel: Mobile: +91-9833073773
Address (Home): 310 Prabhu Darshan, 31 swatantra Saink Nagar, Amboli, Andheri West, Mumbai 400058, State: Maharashtra; India.
(Office): C/O CEHAT, Survey no. 2804-05, Aram Society Road, Vakola, Santacruz East, Mumbai 400055, State: Maharashtra, India

Amar Jesani

Aug 6, 2014, 12:56:58 AM8/6/14
to Anita Jain, Dr. Rajkumar Anand, MH KEM, kist...@googlegroups.com, eGroup-Mumbai Medical Humanities, Padmaja Samant, Ravi Ramakantan, Sunil K Pandya
Great - that is so good.
amar

________________________________
Amar Jesani
Independent Researcher and Teacher (Bioethics, Public Health)

Editor:
Indian Journal of Medical Ethics (https://ijme.in)
Visiting Professor: Centre for Ethics, Yenepoya University, Mangalore. (http://www.yenepoya.edu.in/colleges.php?id=41&org=center)

Tel: Mobile: +91-9833073773
Address (Home): 310 Prabhu Darshan, 31 swatantra Saink Nagar, Amboli, Andheri West, Mumbai 400058, State: Maharashtra; India.
(Office): C/O CEHAT, Survey no. 2804-05, Aram Society Road, Vakola, Santacruz East, Mumbai 400055, State: Maharashtra, India

Email: <amar....@gmail.com> & <amarj...@yahoo.co.in>

On 6 August 2014 08:30, Anita Jain <aj...@bmj.com> wrote:
Thanks Dr. Anand and Dr. Amar. I have heard from the medical education/ staff research society at KEM who will be discussing it at their meeting soon.

I will let you know if things work out.

Many thanks!
Anita

--
Dr. Anita Jain
India Editor

BMJ Awards in India: 20th September 2014. Apply Now

BMJ advances healthcare worldwide by sharing knowledge and expertise to improve experiences, outcomes and value. This email and any attachments are confidential. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and kindly notify us. If the email contains personal views then BMJ accepts no responsibility for these statements. The recipient should check this email and attachments for viruses because the BMJ accepts no liability for any damage caused by viruses. Emails sent or received by BMJ may be monitored for size, traffic, distribution and content. BMJ Publishing Group Limited trading as BMJ. A private limited company, registered in England and Wales under registration number 03102371. Registered office: BMA House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JR, UK.