Teaching medical cost containment to medical students - is it all good - always?

Ravi Ramakantan

Jul 13, 2012, 5:09:42 AM7/13/12
to Mumb...@kem.edu
The following article from the NEJM was sent to me by Dr. Sunil Pandya.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1205634

So, is the house unanimous that we should teach heath economics as an important (perhaps a defining) factor  in patient care to medical students?
Will a 25 year old doctor be able to make the same wise decisions in this regard as  a 50 year old physician will be able to?

Ravi.

Ratna Magotra

Jul 13, 2012, 9:33:44 PM7/13/12
to Ravi Ramakantan, Mumb...@kem.edu
For a long time it was my wish to pursue health economics (finance) seriously but was discouraged. I, therefore, strongly feel that this should be part of PG courses.
ratna magotra