Happy birthday Ravi

Satendra Singh

Nov 28, 2015, 10:53:03 PM11/28/15
to bangalo...@googlegroups.com, Mumb...@kem.edu

Many many happy returns of the day to the most lovable personally of all. How is he now. Updates plz

radharamaswamy08

Nov 30, 2015, 10:16:55 PM11/30/15
to Theatre of the Oppressed| Bangalore Chapter, Mumb...@kem.edu
Hi everyone
Satendra has given an accurate medical description of Ravi's condition now.
In layman's terms, he is responding well to the physiotherapy and other recovery and rehabilitation treatment he is getting at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital- apparently the best in the country for neuro rehab. Everyone is very hopeful recovery will happen, though very slowly of course.
On Sunday I was with Ravi and his family for 2 hours. Lots of visitors- old students, colleagues, and also family. He was sitting on a sofa with his legs resting on a cushioned stool. Unusually dressed in a red and white checked half sleeved shirt- I guess Prithvi decided to give him a new look on his birthday! He recognised everyone, and also joked with everyone in his usual manner, even joking about himself. It was amazing what a cheerful atmosphere there was in the room. His wife Priti and son Prithvi are wonderful- they tease him about his occasional disorientation- he is confused about the room in the hospital and their home in Dosti apartments- and his computer language for his current routine- he refers to his blanket as Google- "give me my Google!"- and he teases them back about being 'Dada's' and bossing over him because they got a chance now!
He asked me a few questions about workshops happening currently, but we didn't linger on that topic too much. After 2 hours, he asked to lie down.
 I told him how Satendra posted a Happy Birthday, and read out other messages from Suresh- Chindu, Rinku, Rajani etc - and just then the phone rang, and it was Satendra! Beautiful coincidence! Attaching a pic of Ravi just before Satendra's call came. I have a short video of that call also, but was not able to attach it here. Missing Ravi's expertise!
All in all, the 2 hours on Sunday felt very good, after two months of anxiety, not knowing and of course, the distance.
Priti also said that he will be happy to have visitors now, since he is able to sit and talk . So if any of you are planning to call or drop in on him, please do, between 5-6 pm being the best time.
Ravi thanks everyone for their good wishes.
love
Radha
Ravi-Nov 29, 2015.jpg

Ratna Magotra

Dec 1, 2015, 4:39:31 AM12/1/15
to radharamaswamy08, Theatre of the Oppressed| Bangalore Chapter, Mumbai Medical Humanities Group
Thanks for the update with surrounding optimism...Happy belated birthday Ravi...i had come to Global hospital to see you though could not meet Priti.

Best for speedy recovery

affectionately,
ratna