Two Workshops in Theatre of the Oppressed, in December, Mumbai

Radha Ramaswamy

Sep 30, 2013, 11:12:35 PM9/30/13
to radha ramaswamy

Dear friend

Greetings from the Centre for Community Dialogue and Change!

We are happy to announce Breaking Patterns, Creating Change, a set of two workshops in Theatre of the Oppressed, in December in Mumbai.

As many of you already know, Theatre of the Oppressed is a community education tool used the world over by educationists, theatre practitioners, NGOs, psychiatrists and many others. Its benefits have been felt by individuals and groups, in exploring one’s emotional, interpersonal and social self, in group building, conflict resolution etc.

Since March 2011, when CCDC was born, we have conducted more than 65 workshops in Theatre of the Oppressed, many of them for students and teachers. Of these, about a dozen workshops have been in Mumbai. Several of our participants have expressed a desire to participate in a longer workshop offering a deeper understanding of the techniques.

The Six Day Training in Theatre of the Oppressed, which will take place from Monday December 16 to Saturday December 21 in Mumbai, will afford participants an opportunity to experience as well as reflect on the application in different contexts of many of the widely used games and exercises in Theatre of the Oppressed. It is intended for beginners as well as those seeking to deepen their practice of Theatre of the Oppressed.

Our second workshop, on Sunday December 29, is an experiential introduction to The Rainbow of Desire, a powerful technique from Theatre of the Oppressed used for exploring conflicts in interpersonal relationships. This workshop will be useful whether one is looking for insights for oneself, or techniques to work with individuals and groups.

The attached announcement gives more details about the two workshops and registration. Please visit our website www.ccdc.in to know more about the rest of our work.

Also, please share this information with friends that you think may be interested.

Thanks, and warm regards

Radha

Theatre of the Oppressed workshops in Mumbai.pdf