Plot Package: (type bar) and Showcase | Plot

William Szuch

Jul 4, 2024, 12:01:00 AMJul 4
to J Forum (forum@jsoftware.com)

Engine: j9.6.0-beta13/j64avx2/windows

Build: commercial/2024-07-02T10:16:57/clang-18-1-6/SLEEF=1

Library: 9.6.7

Qt IDE: 2.5.6/6.5.3(6.5.3)

OS Ver: Windows 11 Version 23H2 10.0.22631

Platform: Win 64

Installer: j9.6 install

InstallPath: c:/users/bill/j9.6

Contact: www.jsoftware.com

load 'plot'

'type bar' plot 0 1 2;4 5 6

This shows the first bar as 1 on the x-axis instead of 0 as would be expected.

NB.

The Redisplay option in

     Help | Studio| Showcase| Plot

is not working

Regards

Bill Szuch

chris burke

Jul 4, 2024, 10:43:26 AMJul 4
to fo...@jsoftware.com
Thanks for the bug reports. I'll take a look.

Note that you can set the xlabels explicitly, e.g.

'type bar;xlabel 1 2 3' plot 4 5 6

chris burke

Jul 5, 2024, 5:29:16 PMJul 5
to fo...@jsoftware.com
The Redisplay option should be fixed now. Get the latest demos/wdplot.

As regards the first problem, I agree that x values might have been
treated as labels in a bar plot, and perhaps this should be supported.
However, at least for now, Plot treats x;y values as data pairs where
appropriate for the plot type, for example a line plot. Otherwise, it
ignores x values as in the bar plot. So you need to give xlabels as
suggested earlier.