Project: DIY Bookscanner

1 view

B Strand

Jun 3, 2010, 3:08:18 PM6/3/10
to davinci
I would like to build a DIY Bookscanner (The sort of book scanner that has gotten mention in Wired and bOING bOING) for Jigsaw Renaissance. Who would be interested in helping with this project? We'd need folks with woodworking capabilities, a couple of cheap cameras, and some folks who can parse out both the hardware and software requirements of the book scanner. The budget for this sort of project is around three hundred bucks, so money might be a limiting factor on getting it done in the next month or two, but we could definitely pull this together before the end of the year.

Thanks,
B Strand

Joshua Madara

Jun 3, 2010, 3:15:17 PM6/3/10
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
I would like to help with this, if only to throw some money at it here
or there (and hopefully be more involved).

Harley Glotzer

Jun 3, 2010, 3:16:50 PM6/3/10
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
I would like to help, and can do some woodworking.  Time is my limiting factor, but if things are scheduled, I will endeavor to schedule it in to mine.

:)

Noah

Jun 3, 2010, 3:22:04 PM6/3/10
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org

I'm in. I can do woodworking and electronics on it.

-noah

On Jun 3, 2010 12:17 PM, "Harley Glotzer" <har...@gmail.com> wrote:

I would like to help, and can do some woodworking.  Time is my limiting factor, but if things are scheduled, I will endeavor to schedule it in to mine.

:)

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM, B Strand <str...@jigsawrenaissance.org> wrote:

> I would like to build a DIY Bookscanner (The sort of book scanner that has gotten mention in Wir...

dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org

http://groups.go...

Lion Kimbro

Jun 3, 2010, 4:33:01 PM6/3/10
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org

  I'm interested and would like to come to meetings.

  From the images, it looks like this is a perfect candidate for GridBeam, --
  I'd like to see gridbeam used for framing and other structuring, and work out adapters and such as needed so that this can be a gridbeam project.

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM, B Strand <str...@jigsawrenaissance.org> wrote:

dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org

Joshua Madara

Jun 3, 2010, 4:39:47 PM6/3/10
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Good idea!

bunnyfly

Jun 3, 2010, 5:13:21 PM6/3/10
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
I'm totally interested in this! I would love to help with software and
graphics stuff if I can as soon as my finals are over in two weeks.
] chloe [

----
www.simplerabbit.com
the cutest simplicity.
in the world.
ever.

Willow Brugh

Jun 15, 2010, 6:03:43 PM6/15/10
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Do Saturdays around 2p work for the people interested in this project? I don't want to set up anything formal, but having a concentrated effort often helps for getting things up and going...

Willow Brugh

director, Jigsaw Renaissance
http://jigsawrenaissance.org
organizer, Seattle H+ Discussion Group
http://st.imul.us

B Strand

Jun 16, 2010, 1:27:47 AM6/16/10
to davinci
Saturday's usually work for me.
B Strand

Treasurer of Jigsaw Renaissance
http://www.jigsawrenaissance.org/

bunnyfly

Jun 16, 2010, 2:57:30 AM6/16/10
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
2 on Saturdays should work for me soon!
] chloe [

----
www.simplerabbit.com
the cutest simplicity.
in the world.
ever.

David Trotter

Jun 16, 2010, 6:08:19 PM6/16/10
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
I have the woodworking skills. I'll be in the space on Thursday afternoons from here on out.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. -- Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy. -- Charles de Montesquieu