Registration Deadlines for Electric Sky, An Art and Tech Weekend Campathon, Coming Up May 20th!

1 view

ShellyShelly

May 6, 2016, 8:57:59 AM5/6/16
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Hey y'all!  Electric Sky, our art and tech weekend campathon, is only six weeks away!   If you haven't registered, it's time.
Workshop registration deadlines are May 20th and space is limited.  General registration fees go up after May 20th.

https://electricsky2016.eventbrite.com

 There are three workshops, including:
  • Fri:  Introducing Wearable Arduinos and Controllable LEDs, by artist/technologist Shelly Farnham
  • Sat: The Joys of the 2D Cutterby industrial designer Dave Hull.  Learn how to use a 2D cutter (Silhouette Cameo) for cutting or drawing vector shapes on a variety of sheet materials.
  • Sat: Kids will be Pests (for kids of all ages), by creative catalyst Carey Christie & crew.  Create the most fantastic kinds of insects, including the use of tiny recorders and LED lights.
  • More workshop details at:  http://electricskyartcamp.com/workshops-confirmed-wearable-arduinos-2d-cutting-kids-as-pests/
Several exciting Luminous Garden projects are already under way, a veritable jumble of  LEDs, sensors, kinetic sculpture, projection, and sound!
Lighter than Air Briar Bates : Interactive Beanstalk Joel Walters : Anemone Tentacle David Hull : Popup Arcade Seth Vincent, Luke Swart, and Christina Montilla
The Sensor Mote Swarm Shelly Farnham : Twilights Beanne Hull : Pixel River Rocks Ben Flaster : Bamboo Lanterns Lea Willingham : The Portal Jeff Larson
Learn more about these projects and how you can join the collaboration at http://electricskyartcamp.com/participating-projects-in-the-works/
Please join us for our second annual

Electric Sky
an Art and Tech Weekend Campathon
June 16-19, 2016

Bringing together artists, technologists, designers, hackers, makers, and friends to collaboratively engage with the environment in new and exciting ways.

Register at https://electricsky2016.eventbrite.com, 35$ adults, 15$ kids.  $40/$20 after May 20th. Note this is a nonprofit event run by volunteers!
Add to your Facebook calendar:  https://www.facebook.com/events/145024012553549/
Join the Facebook group to discuss projects: https://www.facebook.com/groups/electricskyartcamp/

What's it like?
Electric Sky is a cross between an artists' retreat and a hackathon, where you'll spend several days in the woods, on the river, in our outdoor creativity lab, making stuff with people like you. Check out our website and wrap up blog post with photos from last year.

Where is it?
In a field, in the woods, on the Skykomish river, in the beautiful Sky Valley, 1.5 hour drive East into the mountains from Seattle on Hwy-2.