Jigsaw out of INS building

Doug Luce

Jun 16, 2015, 2:34:14 AM6/16/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Hey all,

Jigsaw hasn't had the money to full cover rent for some time, and has
been asked by the INScape supervisor to vacate the building by the end
of the month.

If you've stuff in the space, please come by to grab it as soon as you
can. Martin Kronberg has announced a cleaning of the place starting
the 22nd of June.

Doug

Ned Konz

Jun 21, 2015, 2:21:10 PM6/21/15
to Jigsaw Renaissance DaVinci List
I would like to go by JR today (Sunday 21 June) and pick up the Hamilton 2200 pipetting machine and its cart.

However, the machine weighs about 175 pounds, and I can’t move it by myself.

Will there be several folks there today who might be able to help me get it into my car?

Thanks!

Ned

Pat Tressel

Jun 21, 2015, 6:31:42 PM6/21/15
to da Vinci
Ned --

I would like to go by JR today (Sunday 21 June) and pick up the Hamilton 2200 pipetting machine and its cart.
However, the machine weighs about 175 pounds, and I can’t move it by myself.
Will there be several folks there today who might be able to help me get it into my car?

Were you able to get help with it today.  I think there will be folks there tomorrow.  I'm just hunting through the email threads to find out if anyone has yet posted a time...

-- Pat

Ned Konz

Jun 22, 2015, 11:36:10 AM6/22/15
to Jigsaw Renaissance DaVinci List
> Were you able to get help with it today. I think there will be folks there tomorrow. I'm just hunting through the email threads to find out if anyone has yet posted a time…

I wasn’t able to get help with it on Sunday, but could perhaps go by there this afternoon.

Have you heard of anyone being there today?

> -- Pat
>

> --
> --

> dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
> http://groups.google.com/a/jigsawrenaissance.org/group/davinci

Pat Tressel

Jun 22, 2015, 1:16:06 PM6/22/15
to da Vinci
Hi, Ned!  (Folks planning cleaning, see question below...)

> Were you able to get help with it today.  I think there will be folks there tomorrow.  I'm just hunting through the email threads to find out if anyone has yet posted a time…

I wasn’t able to get help with it on Sunday, but could perhaps go by there this afternoon.

Have you heard of anyone being there today?

No response yet...  I seem to be busy all evenings this week except Friday, but I can get there during the day.  On the other hand, we might want someone other than me for lifting -- got a narsty prolapsed disk to coddle.

Let's see if this post will get a response.

Yo!  Folks planning cleaning!  Got times?

-- Pat

Joshua Madara

Jun 22, 2015, 1:19:28 PM6/22/15
to davinci
Ned, if you don't get anyone to help you today, I can help you move in after 4pm one other day this week.

Joshua

Michael Park

Jun 22, 2015, 6:24:06 PM6/22/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
I will swing by JR around 7 tonight, fwiw.

Michael

Jun 22, 2015, 6:31:37 PM6/22/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Any idea when a "garage sale" might be scheduled...?

(I have a couple of "proto makers" who would love to have their very own hand tools.  :)

Thanks!

Michael Hasse
206-579-1722

Michael Park

Jun 22, 2015, 10:18:41 PM6/22/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
I'm at the space now, and someone has been putting price tags on stuff in preparation for a garage sale (thank you to that someone!)

I don't know when said sale will take place, though.

Jonathan Sokol

Jun 22, 2015, 11:04:57 PM6/22/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Hey all,

I've been meaning to come down recently and take care of a couple things.  I believe I have a 4x4 slab of MDF down there still.  I actually meant to make something of it before closure, but I'll at least try to pick it up.

The only other big thing I can think of is that there is a large board with Rainbow Dash on it.  I'm intending for one of our pony group to come at some point to pick it up, I'm just not sure on the exact details of that at the moment.

Aside from that, I hope to see some of you at another space in the future.

Jon

Ned Konz

Jun 24, 2015, 5:42:58 PM6/24/15
to Jigsaw Renaissance DaVinci List, Joshua Madara

> On Jun 22, 2015, at 10:19 AM, Joshua Madara <jos...@jigsawrenaissance.org> wrote:
>
> Ned, if you don't get anyone to help you today, I can help you move in after 4pm one other day this week.

Thanks! Would you be available this afternoon/evening (preferably after rush hour) or tomorrow?

Is there anyone else who might be around the next couple of evenings to help put the large heavy thing into my car?

I can’t find my Inscape key card ever since I moved, so it’s hard to recruit folks up here for a trip down there.

Ned

> Joshua
>

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Ned Konz <n...@jigsawrenaissance.org> wrote:
>
> I wasn’t able to get help with it on Sunday, but could perhaps go by there this afternoon.
>
> Have you heard of anyone being there today?

Michael Park

Jun 24, 2015, 6:55:15 PM6/24/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
There's a baseball game tonight at 7 so tomorrow might be better. I can meet you or anyone else who wants in tonight but only by prior arrangement (i.e., I'm not going to fight for parking on just the off-chance that someone needs access to JR).
Call me at 206-720-6454 if you want to make a plan for tonight.

Michael

Jun 24, 2015, 7:00:28 PM6/24/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Speaking of such things, I believe I may still have a card/key which should probably be returned to the building...

Joshua Madara

Jun 24, 2015, 7:03:59 PM6/24/15
to davinci
Ned and Michael,

My Wed evening has filled up, but I can help Thu after 4pm. Note I do not have a key/card to get in, so we would need to coordinate with someone (such as Michael) who does.

Joshua

Michael

Jun 24, 2015, 7:14:13 PM6/24/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
I can email the list a little later this evening if I do still have one.

Thanks,

Michael Hasse
206-579-1722

Ned Konz

Jun 24, 2015, 7:42:46 PM6/24/15
to Jigsaw Renaissance DaVinci List

> On Jun 24, 2015, at 4:03 PM, Joshua Madara <jos...@jigsawrenaissance.org> wrote:
>
> Ned and Michael,
>
> My Wed evening has filled up, but I can help Thu after 4pm. Note I do not have a key/card to get in, so we would need to coordinate with someone (such as Michael) who does.

A couple of friends have volunteered to help, so it shouldn’t be too hard to move.

Michael, could we get together at Jigsaw Thursday PM sometime between 4PM and 5:30 PM or so?

I will continue to look for my key card. I do have a key but not a card.

Ned
> Joshua
>

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Michael Park <mp...@jigsawrenaissance.org> wrote:
> There's a baseball game tonight at 7 so tomorrow might be better. I can meet you or anyone else who wants in tonight but only by prior arrangement (i.e., I'm not going to fight for parking on just the off-chance that someone needs access to JR).
> Call me at 206-720-6454 if you want to make a plan for tonight.

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Ned Konz <n...@jigsawrenaissance.org> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 22, 2015, at 10:19 AM, Joshua Madara <jos...@jigsawrenaissance.org> wrote:
> >
> > Ned, if you don't get anyone to help you today, I can help you move in after 4pm one other day this week.
> >

> Thanks! Would you be available this afternoon/evening (preferably after rush hour) or tomorrow?
>
> Is there anyone else who might be around the next couple of evenings to help put the large heavy thing into my car?
>
> I can’t find my Inscape key card ever since I moved, so it’s hard to recruit folks up here for a trip down there.
>
> Ned

Michael Park

Jun 24, 2015, 7:45:24 PM6/24/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Thursday I can't get to JR until 7-ish.

Pat Tressel

Jun 24, 2015, 8:17:16 PM6/24/15
to da Vinci
I'm tied up Thursday, but can help any time on Friday.  Neither Mariners nor Sounders have home games on Thursday or Friday.

Ned Konz

Jun 24, 2015, 8:44:56 PM6/24/15
to Jigsaw Renaissance DaVinci List, Joshua Madara, Michael Park

> On Jun 24, 2015, at 5:17 PM, Pat Tressel <ptre...@myuw.net> wrote:
>
> I'm tied up Thursday, but can help any time on Friday. Neither Mariners nor Sounders have home games on Thursday or Friday.

Hi Pat,

That would work well, providing Friday isn’t too late. I can bring helper(s).

Do you have a key?

I can stop by any time before 5PM or so on Friday.

Would (say) 11AM work for you on Friday?

Michael and Joshua,

Thanks for the offers of help. It looks like Pat can let me in on Friday sometime (I don’t work on Fridays), so I think I have it covered without you having to come by.

Ned

Pat Tressel

Jun 25, 2015, 4:29:25 AM6/25/15
to da Vinci, Joshua Madara, Michael Park
Ned --

> I'm tied up Thursday, but can help any time on Friday.  Neither Mariners nor Sounders have home games on Thursday or Friday.

That would work well, providing Friday isn’t too late. I can bring helper(s).

Ah, good!

Do you have a key?

Yes.

I can stop by any time before 5PM or so on Friday.

Would (say) 11AM work for you on Friday?

That could work, but 1pm would be better, if that's doable.  If you / helpers need 11am, then that's fine.

Michael and Joshua,

Thanks for the offers of help. It looks like Pat can let me in on Friday sometime (I don’t work on Fridays), so I think I have it covered without you having to come by.

I wonder if the pipetting machine could be taken out the basement door.  That would mean getting into the parking lot...doesn't it have a gate on it now?

-- Pat

Ned Konz

Jun 25, 2015, 6:49:51 PM6/25/15
to Jigsaw Renaissance DaVinci List, Joshua Madara, Michael Park

> On Jun 25, 2015, at 1:29 AM, Pat Tressel <ptre...@myuw.net> wrote:
>
> Ned --
>
> > I'm tied up Thursday, but can help any time on Friday. Neither Mariners nor Sounders have home games on Thursday or Friday.
>
> That would work well, providing Friday isn’t too late. I can bring helper(s).
>
> Ah, good!
>
> Do you have a key?
>
> Yes.
>
> I can stop by any time before 5PM or so on Friday.
>
> Would (say) 11AM work for you on Friday?
>
> That could work, but 1pm would be better, if that's doable. If you / helpers need 11am, then that's fine.

11AM would work much better for us.

Thanks for helping!

> Michael and Joshua,
>
> Thanks for the offers of help. It looks like Pat can let me in on Friday sometime (I don’t work on Fridays), so I think I have it covered without you having to come by.
>
> I wonder if the pipetting machine could be taken out the basement door. That would mean getting into the parking lot...doesn't it have a gate on it now?

I think they added one. Not sure how to open it.

I figured that rolling the cart out the front door and down the ramp would work.

> -- Pat

Pat Tressel

Jun 25, 2015, 9:12:23 PM6/25/15
to da Vinci, Joshua Madara, Michael Park
Ned --

11AM would work much better for us.

Ok, see you then!  If I'm inside already, buzz.

> I wonder if the pipetting machine could be taken out the basement door.  That would mean getting into the parking lot...doesn't it have a gate on it now?

I think they added one. Not sure how to open it.

I figured that rolling the cart out the front door and down the ramp would work.

It's got a sharp bend, IIRC, but we'll figure out something.  ;-)  Might be able to get the gate opened for us.

-- Pat

Jonathan Sokol

Jun 26, 2015, 2:37:43 PM6/26/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Is anyone going to be there on Saturday morning?  I'd like to pick up a few things if I could.

dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
http://groups.google.com/a/jigsawrenaissance.org/group/davinci

Pat Tressel

Jun 26, 2015, 3:08:24 PM6/26/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Hi, Jonathan!

On Friday, June 26, 2015, Jonathan Sokol <jonath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone going to be there on Saturday morning?  I'd like to pick up a few things

I've got an event in the morning but could get there mid-afternoon. Would that work?

Or, I'm there right now, and could stay a bit longer if you want to come by now.

-- Pat

Jonathan Sokol

Jun 26, 2015, 4:22:44 PM6/26/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Hrm I'm not sure.  I'll get back to you if the afternoon works.

A few of our pony group are going to have a booth at a festival tomorrow, so I thought it might be good timing to go in advance of that.  Maybe I could have someone take a trip over during it though.

-- Pat

Budi Mulyo

Jun 30, 2015, 4:38:34 PM6/30/15
to da Vinci, INScape Arts, INScape Community
Hi Friends,
I'm planning to be at Jigsaw Renaissance tomorrow. If you're available and willing to help, you're welcome to help move stuff out from INScape. Thank you.

Best wishes,

--
Budi Mulyo

William Beaty

Jul 1, 2015, 12:01:54 PM7/1/15
to da Vinci

The Weird Science Salon can have one last meeting tomorrow night, and help
move Jigsaw stuff or find takers for any remaining big items.

Or, possibly do the meeting tonight Wed, but that's a bit short notice.

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015, Budi Mulyo wrote:

> I'm planning to be at Jigsaw Renaissance tomorrow. If you're available and
> willing to help, you're welcome to help move stuff out from INScape. Thank
> you.

billb at amasci com http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA 206-762-3818 unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci

Budi Mulyo

Jul 1, 2015, 10:51:09 PM7/1/15
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org
Hi Bill,
Monday, July 6th is our drop dead date. (It was supposed to be the 3rd.)