Troubleshoot AWS jepsen CloudFormation stack

naveen v

Feb 12, 2024, 5:47:11 AMFeb 12
to Jepsen Talk
Hi Kyle,

Hope you are doing well, big fan of your work.

I've been trying to launch a Jepsen CloudFormation stack on AWS but, resource creation fails for s3 bucket and I've given it multiple tries. The issue seems to be related to CIDR block but, I couldn't figure out if it is an issue with the parameter I passed or with the template in itself.

I have attached screenshots of my parameters and the error message. Please let me know if you'll be able to help me with this issue.

Thank you
ss1.png
ss2.png

Kyle Kingsbury

Feb 12, 2024, 8:30:08 AMFeb 12
to Jepsen Talk
Hi Naveen!

That sounds plausible to me--I wonder if AWS may have changed their API this week, causing that to break. I'd experiment by setting that control IP to, say, your own public IP address, just to make sure it's not an issue with the catch-all value. I can also dig into this when I have a computer tomorrow--I'm afraid I'm traveling at the moment.

--Kyle

naveen v

Feb 13, 2024, 3:29:40 AMFeb 13
to Jepsen Talk, Kyle Kingsbury
Thank you, Kyle. I see the same error with my own public IP address.

Kyle Kingsbury

Feb 13, 2024, 9:44:27 PMFeb 13
to naveen v, Jepsen Talk

Indeed, I'm seeing the same behavior now too! Must be a recent AWS change--this worked just a couple weeks ago. I've built a fixed version of the CloudFormation template (ugh, that took forever) and have submitted it to the AWS powers that be. Hopefully they'll have that live within a few days, or whenever their bureaucracy churns through things.

Yours truly,

--Kyle