Java Wrapper for Jepsen

Assigned to yohan.ri...@gmail.com by me

Richard Yu

Jan 3, 2020, 7:17:44 PM1/3/20
to Jepsen Talk
Hi all, happy new year!

As you all know, Jepsen is written in Clojure. Clojure has its perks, since it can handle concurrency pretty well. Also, when writing Jepsen tests, the user can write them in a relatively compact form using Clojure.

Though, there has been quite a bit of reported interest from users who think that a Java wrapper should be written for Jepsen. Such a wrapper has the primary advantage of letting the user write tests in Java without requiring the user to learn Clojure. Of course, for some people, learning Clojure is not necessarily the hardest part of writing Jepsen tests, so much as figuring out what each component of Jepsen should do.

Regardless, taking into account user demand, I have decided to start a project to write a Java wrapper. Below is the link if you are interested:

If you have any questions about this project or wish to request for certain features, please email me at the following address  (Title the subject starting with [JEPSEN-JAVA-CLIENT]):

Posting questions in this discussion group would work too.

Currently, the project has implemented most rudimentary capabilities of Jepsen, and I will work to include some of the more advanced features that has been included in later releases.

Best,
Richard