Cockroach DB | Running tests

ay2...@columbia.edu

Apr 13, 2018, 11:32:06 AM4/13/18
to Jepsen Talk
running cockroach db tests right off the bat using "lein run test --test sets --nemesis subcritical-skews" gives "No tarball URL provided" error.

/jepsen/cockroachdb/src/jepsen/cockroach/runner.clj line 87 specifies the tarball. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Kyle Kingsbury

Apr 14, 2018, 10:17:22 AM4/14/18
to ta...@jepsen.io
Huh, that's a tough one. Looks liiiiike this was about the time I
changed "tarball" to "package", and there are *supposed* to be
compatibility layers in there to handle it. package-url takes an option
name, but it doesn't communicate that to the validate-tarball function
that's supposed to do some additional validation. I thiiiink that code
might be superfluous--we can replace it by adding :missing "msg" to the
package-url option spec, but thaaaat's gonna be a bit more of a change
than I want to make over breakfast right now, because we're also gonna
have to pull the cockroach tests up to using the latest Jepsen release.

--Kyle

ns3...@columbia.edu

Apr 28, 2018, 12:41:47 PM4/28/18
to Jepsen Talk
I'm running cockroachDB test cases using Jepsen version 0.1.3

The tests run fine but I don't see any failures.
I'm running cockroachDB test cases with different combinations of --test and --nemesis on AWS Jepsen cluster, Example: lein run test --test sets --nemesis subcritical-skews)

An I missing something that's needed to reproduce the failures?

Regards,
Nanda

Kyle Kingsbury

Apr 28, 2018, 1:01:21 PM4/28/18
to ta...@jepsen.io
I don't remember if subcritical skews was enough to cause faults--its been a few years since I was in there. Might be worth taking a look at the example failures from the write-up to see?