Time sync in history and logs

sapan jain

Feb 4, 2021, 3:50:14 AM2/4/21
to Jepsen Talk
Hello Kyle and team,

I have been having tough time in decoding the time given in history.edn

Though I am using the checker and timeline/http, which show the information like time take by each request/process.

I am looking for some help/tips to decode or reprint the time in human readable format for below responses which gets stored in history.

{:type :invoke, :f :get, :value nil, :process 1, :time 1640580271, :index 6}
{:type :fail, :f :get, :value nil, :process 1, :time 1710895325, :error :not-found, :index 9}

Initially I thought that these are Unix Epoch time but when I translated these two times, they are not synced.
For reference, please find attached images.

 time1.JPG

time2.JPG

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Sapan

Kyle Kingsbury

Feb 4, 2021, 7:51:15 AM2/4/21
to ta...@jepsen.io
Internally, Jepsen ops store their timestamp in nanoseconds since the start of the test. If you want to convert back and forth, look for the log line "relative time begins now": that's the 0 point on the test timescale. :-)