Introduction and Unsubscription Information for Jan Vikalp Forum

Pramod Ranjan

Apr 26, 2024, 6:40:57 AMApr 26
to JanVikalp
Dear Jan Vikalp Community,

I am pleased to address you all as part of the Jan Vikalp Forum, a bilingual (Hindi-English) Google Forum that encompasses a diverse group of writers, academicians, editors, intellectuals, and social activists. Since its inception in 2013, our forum has grown significantly, with many new members recently joining us due to their valuable social and intellectual contributions.

Our forum is dedicated to:
  • Elevating voices that advocate for the welfare of the people and support transformative actions.
  • Standing against injustice and oppression by employing legal and democratic avenues.
  • Disseminating new and pertinent articles authored by our esteemed members.

Unsubscription Instructions:

If at any point you decide that you no longer wish to be associated with the Jan Vikalp Forum, you can easily unsubscribe by replying ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ to any email thread. This action will immediately remove you from the group. We kindly request that you refrain from unsubscribing yourself directly, as this prevents us from being notified of your departure, which could inadvertently lead to your email ID being re-added to the group.

For additional information about the forum, please visit:  https://rb.gy/qfujtb

Thank you for your continued support and engagement.

Warm regards,
Pramod Ranjan

जन विकल्प एक द्विभाषी (हिंदी-अंग्रेजी) गूगल फोरम है जिसमें लेखक, शिक्षाविद, संपादक, बुद्धिजीवी, और सामाजिक कार्यकर्ता शामिल हैं। यह फोरम 2013 में बनाया गया था और हाल ही में कई नए सदस्यों को उनके सामाजिक और बौद्धिक योगदान के कारण जोड़ा गया है। जन विकल्प फोरम से जुड़े रहने की इच्छा न होने पर, आप किसी भी ईमेल थ्रेड में ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ लिखकर जवाब दे सकते हैं। इससे आपको ग्रुप से तुरंत अनसब्सक्राइब कर दिया जाएगा। कृपया स्वयं अनसब्सक्राइब न करें क्योंकि ऐसा करने पर हमें यह जानकारी नहीं मिल पाएगी कि आप ग्रुप में बने रहना नहीं चाहते और गलती से आपका ईमेल आईडी फिर से जोड़ दिया जा सकता है।

फोरम के बारे में अधिक जानकारी के लिए यहां देखें: https://rb.gy/qfujtb

Jonathan Latham

Apr 27, 2024, 7:26:38 AMApr 27
to dial...@janvikalp.org
UNSUBSCRIBE

On Apr 26, 2024, at 6:39 AM, Pramod Ranjan <janv...@gmail.com> wrote:

UNSUBSCRIBE

Jonathan Latham, PhD
Executive Director
The Bioscience Resource Project,
Ithaca, NY 14850 USA

Websites:
Skype: jonathanlatham2
Twitter and Facebook: @Biosrp

Notice: Please forgive any delays and slow news. I am writing a book about genetics and genetic determinism.

It is provisionally titled: The Myth of The Master Molecule: DNA and the Social Order

The contention of the book is that the key organising principle of Western thought is the seemingly innocuous and seemingly simple idea that our personal qualities are biologically inherited. That is, our character derives from our ancestors rather than being an always-adapting product of our own experiences, decisions, and education. The book makes the case, first, that genetic determinism is a scientific fallacy. Organisms are self-organised systems and therefore are not genetically determined. Second, the explanation for the myth, which predates Mesopotamian cities of 6,000 years ago, is its utility. Genetic determinism rationalises political systems based on genetic privilege. The result of the emergence of genetic determinism was the dismantling of ancient cultures based on inclusiveness, cohesion, and egalitarianism and their transformation into rigid structures of authoritarian domination based on separation and division: into families, classes, races, nations, sexes (i.e. patriarchy), and species. The final proposition of the book is that propagating the myth was the chief aim of Zoroastrianism and the subsequent Abrahamic religions which pioneered the development of a reproductively active male as a supreme being (a Father). Since the 1850s, this myth-making role has been appropriated by science. By recognizing how the founding myth of Western civilization is being re-told in the language of science we can start to dismantle and replace it with a more humane and scientific understanding of the world.

Deepak Birla

May 7, 2024, 11:03:38 PMMay 7
to dial...@janvikalp.org
UNSUBSCRIBE

--
Jan Vikalp is a bilingual (Hindi-English) Online Forum of writers, academicians, editors, intellectuals and social workers.

See more details here: https://rb.gy/qfujtb

Regard's

Deepak Birla
Accredited Journalist
Pradesh Live
+91-9200444449
www.pradeshlive.com

Dr. Rajendra Mohanty

May 7, 2024, 11:03:39 PMMay 7
to dial...@janvikalp.org
Unsubscribe

Prasanta Mardi

May 16, 2024, 2:29:50 AMMay 16
to dial...@janvikalp.org
Unsubscribe

B.N. Panda

May 28, 2024, 2:23:55 AMMay 28
to dial...@janvikalp.org
Unsubscribe

--

Thanks and Regards

B. N. Panda

M.Sc. Electronic Media (Gold Medalist), M.Phil. Media Studies (Gold Medalist)

Assistant Professor

Amity School of Communication

Amity University Chhattisgarh, Raipur

Mob: +91-7509086942