Bacardi Winter #2 still open (also a Davis Island plug)

Ryan McKillen

Jan 13, 2021, 4:11:30 PM1/13/21
to J/70 Miami Fleet Comms
Hi everyone, happy new year. 2021 doesn't seem to be trending a whole lot better than 2020, but I am optimistic that's going to change!

Just a quick call out that the second Bacardi Winter Series event in Miami on Jan 23-24, with 21 J/70s registered so far, is still open for additional registrations:

The December event disappointed with respect to breeze, but outperformed in terms of running a very safe event. All sailors had to provide a negative COVID result no more than 72 hours old, Shake-A-Leg required daily temperature checks and masks were enforced on the docks.

For anyone with an interest in sailing on the other side of our great state, after this past weekend, I can personally endorse the Davis Island "Tuning Regatta" racing being run by Ed Furry and Sail22 (e...@sail22.com). He's running Fri practice racing and a Sat-Sun regatta on the same dates as the cancelled Davis Island Winter Series. 20+ boats raced in both the Dec and Jan events. MarkSetBots are the real deal and def a faster superior way to manage a race course. Next event there is Feb 19-21.