Feb 4 phone meeting reminder

Hans Boehm

Feb 3, 2019, 8:09:11 PM2/3/19
to t...@isocpp.org
meet.google.com/sbj-cvgh-vnd
‎(‪US‬) ‪+1 208-925-0196
PIN: ‪255 542#‬

Agenda:

1) tm-lite prposal progress?

2) What's allowed inside tm-lite transactions? Can we generate a list?
Does it work to use a list of TM-unsafe constructs as in http://wg21.link/N4514 in 8.4.4, but simply exclude (dynamic) calls to non-constexpr functions? Can we then just make execution of a TM-unsafe construct undefined behavior?

Secretary rota (?): Maged Michael, Jens Maurer, Mike Spear, Michael Wong,
Hans Boehm, Victor Luchangco, Michael Scott

Hans Boehm

Feb 3, 2019, 8:09:22 PM2/3/19
to t...@isocpp.org
I should have added: Noon PST, as usual.

Michael Wong

Feb 4, 2019, 10:16:57 AM2/4/19
to t...@isocpp.org
Hi sorry I will not be able to call in today. Thanks.

Hans Boehm

Mar 24, 2019, 8:29:29 PM3/24/19
to t...@isocpp.org
We decided last time to meet the beginning-of-April meeting to tomorrow, March 25.

The time is noon, PDT.  Meeting coordinates are as before, though I believe they were not in the invitation Michael sent out.

meet.google.com/sbj-cvgh-vnd
(‪US‬)‪+1 208-925-0196‬ (other phone numbers on request)
PIN: ‪255 542#‬

The agenda again is to discuss any progress on the tm-lite proposal.

Minimalist notes from last time:

Attendees: Hans Boehm,  Victor Luchangco, Michael Scott, Michael Spear

Brief discussion of TM history. Relationship of ISO TS to TM ABI?

ABI came out of Intel/IBM/Oracle effort.

Initial charter: Not disagree gratuitously.

Then moved towards standardization.

Aim for proposal at next WG21 meeting. Mailing deadline is June 17.

Next phone meeting March 25

Hans Boehm

Mar 24, 2019, 8:37:31 PM3/24/19
to SG5 - Transactional Memory