Building Andrew Sutton's clang-reflect fork

Jackie Kay

Apr 1, 2017, 2:01:12 PM4/1/17
to refle...@isocpp.org
I've been playing around with Matus's reflexpr fork of Clang a bit and I wanted to check out the alternative reference implementation. I've tried to build Andrew Sutton's clang-reflect fork (https://github.com/asutton/clang-reflect) but I'm having linker issues. I'm on trunk of llvm and libcxxabi and I suspect there's been an ABI breakage that's preventing me from building the repo. Does anyone know what versions or commit hashes of llvm/libcxxabi/libcxx will work?

He's disabled issues on the repo so I thought I would reach out on other channels for help on this before pouring some time into hunting around in the commit logs or rebasing his fork.

Thanks for your help,

Jackie

Klaim - Joël Lamotte

Apr 1, 2017, 4:02:24 PM4/1/17
to refle...@isocpp.org
I had similar problems when trying Matu's version, I contacted him directly and he sent me the llvm commit to use (and then he put the info in the experiment repo).
I think you will get a quick answer if you mail directly Andrew Sutton or Herb Sutter.

Jackie

Raphael Isemann

Apr 1, 2017, 5:09:29 PM4/1/17
to refle...@isocpp.org
Have you tried the 'old' strategy of checking out at the commit when
the clang repo was forked? I just compiled with LLVM commit
dcc9618afef from 12.12.2016 and it works for me.

Cheers,

- Raphael

Jackie Kay

Apr 2, 2017, 1:26:13 PM4/2/17
to refle...@isocpp.org
Some combination of cleaning my build folder and checking out llvm, libcxx, libcxxabi, and compiler-rt on a commit before 12-12-2016 worked for me. Thanks for the tips