available implementation?

mike.ni...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2019, 5:12:24 PM1/4/19
to SG 7 - Reflection
Hi there,

Just landed on this group today and have started reading over the paper (p1240r0) from the latest mailing. I've been working in the game industry for 15 years and have seen all sorts of different reflection implementations built on top of C++. We deal with a lot of data and need to inspect and manipulate it across a broad range of tools in a variety of different ways.

I'm curious if there is any form of available experimental implementation of some of the proposals so far, so I can more easily wrap my head around how this stuff works and give feedback on how useful the tools are for the purposes we need.

Thanks!
-Mike

Joshua Fisher

Jan 4, 2019, 5:23:30 PM1/4/19
to SG 7 - Reflection
Hi Mike, I believe the most up to date implementation is Andrew Sutton's Clang fork here:

And there are some small tests of the functionality here:

That being said Andrew also has another fork of clang with further work here:

But this includes a fair bit of additional work towards Metaclasses as described in this paper: https://github.com/asutton/clang/blob/2cdc8321badb59af9c9d4d147c6ca86dce905ecb/docs/users-guide.pdf

So I'm not sure it's very representative of what's currently being looked at.

Maybe others have more insight or a more up to date fork to point to?

Andrew Sutton

Jan 4, 2019, 5:42:03 PM1/4/19
to refle...@isocpp.org

Maybe others have more insight or a more up to date fork to point to?

Current work is in the reflect branch.