Current status

Dmitry Shesterkin

Apr 1, 2015, 9:36:15 PM4/1/15
to mod...@isocpp.org
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since we had any news about modules. A status page on isocpp.org doesn't have any information either. Could you please provide any information about the current progress on the modules?

It's the most anticipated feature of the C++17 for me and I hope the feature is not postponed indefinitely.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Dmitrii

Gabriel Dos Reis

Apr 1, 2015, 10:21:04 PM4/1/15
to mod...@isocpp.org
Brief update; longer update by end of next week in terms of papers.

The committee did discuss modules at its last meeting in Urbana, IL (November 2014), including the Revision 2 of the current proposal.  I expect to update the community at the Lenexa, KA, meeting next month.

I believe there are currently two implementations (VC, Clang) working furiously to implement the core semantics and test them internally, in order to provide feedback and refine the current proposal.

Many in the C++ community will agree with you that this is a feature that should not be postponed.  We are working hard to meet various expectations.

-- Gaby

Dmitry Shesterkin

Apr 2, 2015, 8:56:59 PM4/2/15
to mod...@isocpp.org, g...@microsoft.com
Thank you very much for the update, Gaby!
I'm really excited to see modules in C++14 and wish you guys the very best of luck with this feature.

Вадим

Apr 16, 2015, 2:47:09 AM4/16/15
to mod...@isocpp.org, g...@microsoft.com
Hello, Gabriel.

N4467: "C++ Modules: Directions and Issues" is marked as missing in the
recent mailing. Is its draft available in some form or it's just not written?