Google Groups

Re: An implementation of Generic lambdas (Request for feedback)

Andy Prowl Jan 11, 2013 6:12 PM
Posted in group: ISO C++ Standard - Discussion
I have a quick question concerning the standardization of generic lambdas. I am not sure if this is the place where to ask, so I apologize in advance if that is not the case.

The current standard forbids declaring local types which contain template member functions. Clearly, generic lambdas will have to be an exception to this rule.
My question is: will this restriction be lifted completely, or will generic lambdas be the only exception allowed?

Thank you for your consideration,