Technical Difficulties

Bryce Glover

Nov 23, 2015, 7:09:56 PM11/23/15
to std-pr...@isocpp.org
     While participating in discussions that were being held in the 'Time for Revisiting the Prohibition on Templatized Virtual Member Functions? (Also Indirect ‘Re: Using override & final to support virtual template methods in subclasses’)’ thread, I started receiving the following error message when attempting to reply to that thread via e-mail:

    std-pr...@isocpp.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
The group std-pr...@isocpp.org has exceeded its quota for total number of external recipients.

Upon attempting to use the web interface to circumvent this problem, I found that it, too, was suffering a similar problem even though it just decided to delete my replies shortly after they were added to the thread without spitting out a similarly appropriate error message.  This made it so that some of my replies did not reach this mailing list, thereby stalling discussion even though I also sent replies directly to their target recipients, presumably because my replies may have ended up in those individual’s spam mailboxes.  As such, could a list maintainer go in and remove some ‘external recipients’ from that threads list of target e-mail addresses so I can then successfully resend my replies to the thread in question to this mailing list?

Thanks in advance,
     Bryce Glover