"Potential results" contains not only id-expressions?

Sett 27 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

Johannes Schaub

ulest,
9. aug. 2016, 14:44:5109.08.2016
til std-dis...@isocpp.org
The spec says at 3p2 about "potential results"

"[ Note: This set is a (possibly-empty) set of id-expressions, each of
which is either e or a subexpression of e."

However, it has one bullet in its definition that reads as

"If e is a subscripting operation ([expr.sub]) with an array operand,
the set contains that operand."

So, the following's potential results of expresion "a[0][0]" only
consists of the set "a[0]".

int a[1][1];

int y = a[0][0];

This however is not consistent with the note. It would be consistent
if the bullet said "..., the set contains the potential results of
that operand". Am I missing something here?

Richard Smith

ulest,
9. aug. 2016, 18:59:0509.08.2016
til std-dis...@isocpp.org
It's a wording goof. This bullet should say "the set contains <ins>the potential results of</ins> that operand" (as I hope is sufficiently clear from context and from the introductory sentence). Fixed editorially:

Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye meldinger