main( int argc, char** argv )

ISHTIAQUE BIN IDREES

Jun 19, 2015, 1:01:16 PM6/19/15
to std-dis...@isocpp.org

main( int argc, char** argv )

Kindly  elaborate the above line, what does it mean??

I am beginner of CPP.

Jens Maurer

Jun 19, 2015, 1:16:32 PM6/19/15
to std-dis...@isocpp.org
On 06/19/2015 07:01 PM, ISHTIAQUE BIN IDREES wrote:
> main( int argc, char** argv )
>

> Kindly elaborate the above line, what does it mean??

Have you read the C++ standard, section 3.6.1 [basic.start.main]?
What exactly is your question?

> I am beginner of CPP.

This is a discussion forum about standardization of C++
and standard C++, not a learner's "help me" forum.

Jens

ISHTIAQUE BIN IDREES

Jun 19, 2015, 1:17:59 PM6/19/15
to std-dis...@isocpp.org
Thanks :(

Andrew Tomazos

Jun 19, 2015, 7:34:12 PM6/19/15
to std-discussion, bin.idr...@gmail.com
Hi Ishtique,

If you're interested in learning C++, the best thing in my opinion is to start by reading:

    The C++ Programming Language, 4th Ed, Stroustrup.

Enjoy,
Andrew.

Miguel TOLEDO GONZALEZ

Jun 24, 2015, 1:28:29 PM6/24/15
to std-dis...@isocpp.org
Hi, <main( int argc, char** argv )> is just the open-point of any c++ program. Better said, the main-line of the program you write.

Normally, can be expressed as <int main()>. The main function accepts arguments, like you wrote, for example: int argc, char** argv.

I hope my answer has been useful.

--

---

Tony V E

Jun 24, 2015, 2:38:59 PM6/24/15
to std-dis...@isocpp.org
I really like that we point people in the right direction. Thanks.
In the future, I think a simple combination of Jens' and Andrew's answer would be best. ie:

- (politely) this is not the right forum
- a suggestion of where to look for an answer (book, stackoverflow, etc)

Miguel TOLEDO GONZALEZ

Jun 25, 2015, 2:27:41 PM6/25/15
to std-dis...@isocpp.org
ok