Singing Voice and Artificial Intelligence international academic forum

Polina Proutskova

Sep 14, 2021, 8:12:10 PM9/14/21
to Community Announcements
Dear ISMIR members,

if you are doing research on singing voice, please consider joining our Singing Voice & AI forum:

The group is currently comprised of around 40 academics and PhD students (as well as advanced practitioners) who work with singing voice and computational intelligence. It is a place to present your research, discuss papers or topics of interest. We meet Tuesdays once or twice a month, usually at 3 pm BST (London) on Zoom. We welcome contributions from computer scientists, singing voice scientists, musicologists, anthropologists and music artists. Our past highlights included:
- Prof. Johan Sundberg, the founder of the modern singing voice science
- Prof. Frank Scherbaum on earth acoustics and traditional vocal music from Georgia
- a series of talks on polyphonic singing and MIR
- AI Song Contest
- VoctroLabs current work
- DadaBots plus special guest Reeps One
and much more. Our next upcoming talk will be by an ethnomusicologist Andrew Killick on his newly published Global Notation and how it can represent vocal performances cross-culturally. See our Wiki for past and future meetings. Some of the meetings have been recorded and are available on our youtube channel.

If you would like to present your research or creative output at our meeting, please contact me - any form and length of presentation is welcome.

To join our mailing list, to receive event info and zoom details, please follow these instructions  If you join, we encourage you to present your research to the group.

We are looking forward to welcoming new members and new contributors,
Polina