Last call for candidates to the ISMIR Board

Bob Sturm

Aug 27, 2021, 9:14:00 AM8/27/21
to ISMIR community

Dear ISMIR Community,

DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 6 2020

The ISMIR Board is looking for candidates for the following two Board roles:

- President Elect: Assist the President (Prof. Geoffroy Peeters) in all their tasks (preparing monthly agenda, leadership, fostering and working on new initiatives, facilitating the decision-making process of the Board, representing the Society, encouraging ISMIR members to bid for upcoming conferences and dealing with their queries, answering copyright requests from authors and publishers, and being the point of contact for random ISMIR-related issues). The President Elect transitions to become the President after this two-year position.

- Student Member: represents the perspectives of the students of ISMIR; contributes to discussions in the board meetings and initiatives. Must be a student in the two-year position.

DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 6 2020

Please notify me and ISMIR President Meinard Müller (meinard...@audiolabs-erlangen.de) of your interest, or any questions you have. I will communicate with all candidates later next month to collect brief bios and statements. The election will be held during ISMIR 2021 (https://ismir2021.ismir.net).

Sincerely,

-Bob.

--
Bob L. T. Sturm, Associate Professor