ISMIR Conference: Video Information

Stefan Balke

Oct 13, 2021, 7:47:32 AM10/13/21
to Community Announcements
Hi ISMIR authors (also interesting for everybody else),

in case you missed the mail or it landed in your spam folder, I replicate it here.
You should have received it three days ago.

Best
Stefan

************************************

Dear {Recipient.Name},

Thanks for submitting your work to ISMIR and congratulations for your accepted papers! As you know, this year's ISMIR is again an online-only conference. With this mail we would like to provide you with some organizational details.

The central conference system will be Midspace (formerly known as Clowdr). Midspace serves as the center for all activities around ISMIR. Every paper has its own page in the system. On this page, a short video produced by you should be shown, describing the main aspects of your paper. Each paper will have 2 presentation slots during the conference where we expect you to be available for questions. You need to prepare a poster or a presentation for these live slots (as you would for a physical poster session).

To get started, we would like to ask you to prepare a short video (4 min. duration, 16:9 preferred). In the next days, you will get an invite link from Midspace to upload the video. The process is described in this short video (please watch!): https://resources.midspace.app/video-subtitles/uploading-videos/ Captioning is done automatically, but results are editable after the upload (also described in Midspace's video). All the technical details such as format, resolution etc. are listed on the website!

For recording the videos, lots of options exist and depend on your system and level of expertise. Here is a list of examples:
* Open Broadcast Studio (OBS): https://obsproject.com
* Camtasia
* On Mac: Quicktime screen recording
* Connect to a Zoom or Teams call and record the call
* Power-Point “Record Slide Show” functionality

In summary, the important dates are:
* Invitation link will be sent on October 15th, 2021 (please also check your spam-folder)
* Upload of the video is due on October 24th, 2021

If you cannot make the dates, please let us know as soon as possible at {Sender.Email}. Same holds true for technical problems or any other questions or information you might need (and we forgot) :-) We will find a solution.

Looking forward to your submissions and to ISMIR 2021!

ISMIR 2021 Tech Chairs
Sharath Adavanne, Stefan Balke, Andrea Cogliati, Hendrik Schreiber, and Fabian-Robert Stöter

Stefan Balke

Oct 15, 2021, 7:56:47 AM10/15/21
to Community Announcements, Stefan Balke

Hi everybody,

it's Friday and we just pressed the button to send out the requests for submitting video and poster.
So you should receive a mail with further instructions.
If something does not work, please contact us via ismir20...@ismir.net.
Please submit until (latest) October 24th, 2021 but earlier submissions are very welcome.

Best
Sharath Adavanne, Stefan Balke, Andrea Cogliati, Hendrik Schreiber, and Fabian-Robert Stöter
AND
thanks to Ajay Srinivasamurthy who is keeping all the papers together!

########################### Mail looks like this:

Dear {{person.name}},

The organisers of {{conference.name}} are requesting that you or your co-authors/co-presenters submit your content to Midspace.

Please do not forward or share this email: anyone with the link contained herein can use it to modify your submissions.

Please submit your content on this page by midnight Oct. 24th 2021 AoE.

We ask you to upload two things: a 4 minute video which highlights your paper’s core contributions and a poster which you will use in the live sessions to answer questions. Note that the poster can also be some kind of a slideshow, whatever you feel is right, conveys your message, and can be exported to a PDF for upload. If in doubt, we recommend to go with a poster which you can screenshare in the live sessions.

Please watch this 6 minute instructional video to learn how to use Midspace's content upload system (in short: 1080p, H.264, MP4). This video also shows how to edit subtitles.

After the conference, we will re-publish the video on common video platforms such as YouTube. Just like the papers, the videos are released under the Creative Commons (CC) license. We know that especially audio examples might stem from commercial recordings. For the live sessions, it’s up to you which content you present (following ISMIR’s ethics rules), however, in the 4-min video, we would like to ask you to stick to examples released under CC. If this is not possible, please let us know and so we can talk.

Please do not leave submitting to the last moment - this can be risky! If we are unable to automatically process your upload, it may not be possible to prepare it in time for the conference.

Note that Midspace will process your video and auto-generate subtitles. These subtitles will not be perfect and must be corrected manually (Midspace offers a tool for that). If any problems occur, please let us know via ismir20...@ismir.net.