Looking for new organisers for the London Audio and Music AI Meetup

Elio Quinton

Jul 14, 2024, 8:49:51 AM (8 days ago) Jul 14
to comm...@ismir.net

Dear ISMIR Community,

The leadership team of the London Audio and Music AI Meetup (LAMAI) is looking for new organisers to help with running this group and scheduling events.

The LAMAI has about 800 members and a history of hosting events that are very relevant to the ISMIR community. In fact, one of the objectives of this group is to offer an opportunity for the community and its extended family to meet locally, for free, outside of the annual cadence of the ISMIR conference.

The LAMAI is part of the global network of meetups and event series that includes the BISH Bash in the SF bay area, BISH Bash Latam, Tokyo BISH Bash.

Due to changing life circumstances, most of our organisers are no longer able to organise events.

We (organisers) have thoroughly enjoyed creating the meetup during the challenging times of lockdown in 2020, hosting excellent speakers and, most importantly, seeing such a brilliant community grow and make every event come alive.

We had the privilege of witnessing first hand the value of this community and event series and we would love to see it go on for the foreseeable future. This is why we are looking for new organisers to join and help us revive the meetup series.

The commitment required to organise events is not very onerous, typically no more than a couple of hours a week are sufficient. It is also an excellent opportunity for networking and increased visibility in a vibrant world-class community.

If you are interested, or know someone who is, please get in touch with me directly!

Hopefully see some of you soon at an event.

All the best,

Elio, on behalf of the LAMAI organisers