Free AIDA short e-course "Ethics & STICs", June - July 2024

Efi

May 31, 2024, 10:50:42 AMMay 31
to Community Announcements

Dear AI/CS/ECE student/scientist/engineer/enthusiast,

the International AI Doctoral Academy (AIDA) is excited to invite you to attend the upcoming short e-course by Dr. Thomas Baudel "Ethics & STICs". ”. This course will be held on 1 June to 5 July, 2024, conducted online.

Key concepts:  This course is focused on some specific types of ethical issues encountered in information technologies including AI, which deserve specific attention. If answering an ethical dilemma in bioethics is often akin to answering the question “who are we?”, technology ethics triggers more questions of the type “where are we going?”. This, in our opinion, deserves a broad exposure.

Details

Host Institution: University Paris-Saclay

Level: all PhD students and researchers in Information & Communication Sciences & Technologies

Schedule: Online MOOC, 1 June – 5 July, 2024

Join us and explore further: https://www.i-aida.org/course/ethics-stics/

 Both AIDA and non-AIDA students are encouraged to participate in this course for free

  • AIDA Students (PhD students/candidates, Post-doc researchers belonging to any AIDA Member) should enroll on this course using the “ENROLL ON THIS COURSE” button on the AIDA course page, so that this course is included on your AIDA Certificate of Course Attendance upon successful completion of the course. Please also follow the instructions on the course page.
  • Students/participants not associated with any AIDA member can join the course by following the instructions on the course page.

The International AI Doctoral Academy (AIDA), a joint initiative of the European R&D projects AI4MediaELISEHumane AI NetTAILORVISIONsupports a world-level AI education and research program. AIDA has regular lecture series, short courses, semester courses, and seasonal schools with the participation of hundreds of academics and serving a growing community of AI PhD students and researchers.

 Best regards

AIDA Secretariat