AI Song Contest 2022 - Call for entries

Hendrik Vincent Koops

Feb 22, 2022, 5:11:09 AM2/22/22
to comm...@ismir.net
Please forward to whoever might be interested.

We’re pleased to announce the third AI Song Contest! We invite musicians, researchers, data scientists, developers and anyone else working on or interested in the combination of music and AI to team up and create a song using artificial intelligence as part of their songwriting process.

Teams from all over the world can participate, and songs of all genres can be submitted. The AI Song Contest is all about collaborating creatively with AI. Last year, the AI Song Contest was featured in the New York Times. This year we are partnering with international music tech festivals, creating new exciting opportunities, such as live performances and more!

Deadline for entries is 1 June 2022. We kindly ask you to register your team with us on http://aisongcontest.com by 15 March 2022.

To participate in the contest, your team should deliver two things:
A song co-created with AI (no longer than 4 minutes)
A process document describing how you used AI and data in your creative process

Note that the entry should be original and has not been published yet. The songs will be evaluated both by a panel of AI and music experts AND by the international audience.
Details about the process document template will be shared soon on our website.

Have a question about entering the contest? Or looking for team members to collaborate with? Send us a message!

Best,

Hendrik Vincent Koops and the AI Song Contest Team

Anna Huang

Mar 13, 2022, 11:37:04 PM3/13/22
to comm...@ismir.net, Hendrik Vincent Koops
Last call for the AI Song Contest! Don't forget to register your team by 15 March (anywhere on earth). The deadline for submitting your entry is 1 June. See details at https://www.aisongcontest.com/participate-2022

This year, we’re also calling for mentors to help teams get started! Sign up by 15 March. Find out more at https://www.aisongcontest.com/mentoring
We're excited for your participation!

Cheers,
Anna and the AI Song Contest team

--
Open-access journal Transactions of ISMIR, open for submissions: https://tismir.ismir.net
---

Anna Huang

Jun 26, 2022, 5:09:55 PM6/26/22
to comm...@ismir.net, Hendrik Vincent Koops, Rebecca Leger, Rujing Huang, Ryan Groves, Ashley Burgoyne
Only a few more days to vote at the AI Song Contest!

Check out this year’s entries to see how musicians + ml researchers are approaching human-ai co-creativity. Which one is your jam?

Cast your vote by Thursday June 30th: https://www.aisongcontest.com/the-2022-finalists
Listen to all of this year's 46 entries at https://www.aisongcontest.com/participants-2022

We're excited to hear what you think! Happy listening!

Cheers,
Anna and the AI Song Contest Organizing Team