[Call for Participation] Special Issue "Embodied Perspectives on Sound and Music AI"

Cagri Erdem

Jun 4, 2024, 3:40:19 AMJun 4
to Community Announcements
Dear all,

[Apologies for cross-posting]

We are excited to announce a call for participation in a special issue of Frontiers in Computer Science titled Embodied Perspectives on Sound and Music AI. This issue builds on the insights from the recent EmAI workshop and seeks to explore how AI systems can apply embodiment principles to transform sound and music interactions, impacting research, education, innovation, well-being, and the arts.

Guest Editors:
Çağrı Erdem (University of Oslo, Norway)
Carsten Griwodz (University of Oslo, Norway)
Stefania Serafin (Aalborg University, Denmark)
Anna Xambó (Queen Mary University of London, UK)

Deadlines:
Abstract Submission Deadline: 30 July 2024
Submission Deadline: 17 November 2024

Focus:
We invite original submissions that address, but are in no way limited to, the following topics:
  • Interdisciplinary Embodiment and AI: Adaptation and application of embodiment principles in creative fields using AI.
  • Sensory-Motor Integration in AI: Enhancing or replicating human creative processes through AI’s sensory perception and motor actions.
  • Collaborative Creativity with AI: Synergies between human creativity and AI's computational abilities in sound processes.
  • Emotional Intelligence in AI: AI’s capability to recognize, interpret, and respond to human emotions in creative contexts.
  • Ethical and Conceptual Reflections: Moral and philosophical considerations of human-AI interfacing in creative applications.
  • Technological Breakthroughs: Recent advancements in AI technologies contributing to embodied creative processes.
  • Case Studies and Artistic Research: Reports from arts-based AI projects showcasing challenges, successes, and novel interfaces.

Submissions may be empirical, theoretical, or practical, highlighting the relationship between AI, embodiment, and creativity in sound and music interactions. We encourage interdisciplinary approaches that bridge technology with humanistic insights.

RT promotion - Variation 01 - Email PURPLE.jpg

Best,
Çağrı
–––
Çağrı Erdem [he/him]