[LAMIR] 1st Latin American Music Information Retrieval Workshop

Magdalena Fuentes

Jun 28, 2024, 5:08:22 PM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to Community Announcements

Dear community,

We are happy to announce the 1st Latin American Music Information Retrieval (LAMIR) Workshop! LAMIR is a satellite event of the ISMIR 2024 conference and part of the KHIPUx 2024 events. It provides opportunities for local students and researchers to cultivate the Latin American community within the International Society for Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR) and the Artificial Intelligence (AI) communities.

The workshop will take place from December 9 to 11, 2024, at the Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. To foster the presence of local students, we will offer financial support in the form of travel awards to local Latin American student authors of accepted papers.

Tentative Dates

Friday, July 12, 2024 - Submission Site Opens

Friday, September 6, 2024 - Abstract + Paper Submission Due

Friday, October 4, 2024 - Acceptance Notification

Friday, October 4, 2024 - Travel Award Applications Open

Friday, October 11, 2024 - Travel Award Notifications

Friday, October 11, 2024 - Registration Opens

Monday, November 25 - Early / Author Registration Closes

Monday, December 9 - Standard Registration Closes

Monday, December 9 to Wednesday, December 11, 2024 - Workshop

Overview and Topics

We welcome submissions in the form of a full paper (4+N pages, 4 pages of scientific content, and any additional pages that contain only references). We encourage submissions of research from all areas related to MIR, including, but not limited to, machine learning, signal processing, and computational musicology. The workshop is open to everyone, though we prioritize works authored by members of the Latin American community and those centered on Latin American music.

Hackathon

There will be a hackathon featuring a tutorial and a hands-on session focused on MIR applications in Latin American music. Participants will have the opportunity to work with Latin American datasets and develop AI tools and data loaders that contribute to the MIR and Music-AI community.

Music Program

The workshop will have a music program with some local tunes, such as Brazilian samba.

More information coming soon. In the meantime save the dates, spread the word and hope to see you all in Rio de Janeiro in December!

Magdalena Fuentes,

On behalf of the LAMIR organization committee