Computational Musicologist for AI/ML Project

Andrew Ullah

Jul 22, 2021, 11:54:57 AM7/22/21
to Community Announcements, bdul...@gmail.com

Dear Computational Musicologists:

My name is Andrew, and I am a current MBA student at the University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business, working alongside other classmates to build an AI software solution for music creators & curators aimed to reduce uncertainty (marketing/development costs) needed to break new music. We are currently seeking to partner with a Computational Musicologist to help prove the commercial viability of our model, focusing on acoustic attributes such as chord/chord progressions. The attributes are being extracted through a music information retrieval API to showcase the value of similarity/dissimilarity on attention comparing unreleased to released songs forecasting listener engagement and royalty earnings.

We have effectively developed the front-end web application/user interface, but need expertise in computational musicology to build/test the backend predictive model applying math to acoustic attributes. We understand that there are limitations concerning retrieving acoustic data, specifically spectral (instrumentation, melody, repetition, etc..), but we believe your research would directly benefit scope and direction from a data science perspective. The computational musicologist will work closely with our technical co-founder specializing in product development and machine learning to complement this effort.

We are in conversations with VCs with the intention of taking our product to market, and would like to value the musicologist’s contribution with an equity offer. Please let us know if you or anyone on your team is interested, and I would be happy to schedule a call at our earliest convenience.

Thanks in advance for your consideration, looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Here is a link to the official job description: Computational Musicologist

Best,

Andrew

Andrew Ullah
MBA Candidate