Celebrating 10 Years: MusMat Journal Vol. VI No. 1

Hugo Carvalho

Jun 30, 2022, 3:09:29 PM6/30/22

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Hugo Carvalho <hu...@dme.ufrj.br>
Date: qui., 30 de jun. de 2022 16:07
Subject: Celebrating 10 Years: MusMat Journal Vol. VI No. 1

Dear all,

This year, the MusMat Research Group is completing 10 years of its existence, and we are very delighted to celebrate it with the release of this very special issue of the MusMat • Brazilian Journal of Music and Mathematics. Being aware of the greatness of the Latin America culture and its contrasting underrepresentation in the academic scenario, we devoted most of this issue to contribute and stimulate research on Music and Mathematics in our subcontinent.

The first paper, by Gabriel Pareyon, is an exciting text on three questions about the anthropological and historical foundations for the indigenous relationships of Music and Mathematics in Latin America, where deep connections between both subjects are traced to the very historical roots of our culture.

The second paper is an extensive (but not exhaustive) overview on the major developments of research on Music and Mathematics in Latin America in the last 25 years, made by a joint effort between the MusMat Group, Gabriel Pareyon and the fellow researchers that contributed with information regarding their respective countries, regions, and research groups. This is the first comprehensive overview on the research on Music and Mathematics in Latin America, and we hope that its publication stimulates similar initiatives. From now on, the MusMat Journal will dedicate a section to publish information with similar content: so, feel free to submit a document about your research group, region, or country, if you think this information is missing here.

The third text on this issue is a compendium on the activities of the MusMat Group on the last 10 years, as well as current activities and future perspectives.

Finally, we close this number presenting an interview with Richard Cohn, an outstanding researcher that published a paper in the first number of the MusMat Journal.

We hope that the publication of this issue stimulates students and researchers to dive into this fascinating intersection of fields.

Enjoy the reading!

Click on this link to see the issue: https://musmat.org/en/musmat-journal/issues/vol-vi-no-1/

Best regards,
MusMat Research Group
Carlos Almada
Carlos Mathias
Cecília Saraiva
Daniel Moreira
Hugo Carvalho
Liduino Pitombeira

This email was sent to danie...@hotmail.com
MusMat Research Group · Avenida República do Chile, 330, Torre Leste 21º Andar · Centro · Rio de Janeiro, RJ 20031-170 · Brazil

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

--
Hugo Tremonte de Carvalho

• Assistant Professor @
 - Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
 - Institute of Mathematics (IM)
 - Department of Statistical Methods (DME)

• Member of the MusMat Research Group

• Coordinator of the Specialization in Data Science

Personal website: im.ufrj.br/~hugocarvalho/