Faders - online, collaborative, smart DAW

Brecht De Man

Sep 6, 2021, 11:22:41 AM9/6/21
to Community Announcements
Dear colleagues,

We’re proud to present the result of our spin-out from Birmingham City University: an online, collaborative, intelligent digital audio workstation (DAW) that’s free to use and getting even more features every week: https://faders.io

Faders is built around the idea of removing all barriers in audio production, without hiding the complexity and dumbing down the interface. The result is a user-friendly, powerful, and smart DAW, which helps you by labelling tracks, doing rough mixes, trimming silence from recordings, … and a collaborative web-based platform that can accommodate cutting-edge processors that don’t have to fit a single track “plugin” for DAWs.

Synth and FX plugins are based on the open source JSAP framework https://github.com/nickjillings/JSAP, and a Freesound browser is integrated https://freesound.org/. Some of the tech in this platform is based on about a decade of academic research.

It would mean a lot to us if you tried it out and let us know what you think, emailing me directly or on the forum at https://community.faders.io

Educators: we are especially keen to work with you and will be releasing an education mode where you can share files, follow up on student projects, and even teach remotely with video, all inside Faders.

Please reach out to me if you tried it (I’d love to hear your thoughts) or if you want to use it for a class. We’re also exploring all kinds of partnerships, from software instruments over plugin development to cross-promotion.

Thanks!

Brecht De Man
Ryan Stables
Nicholas Jillings