Metacreation Lab Newsletter - July 2024

Metacreation Lab for Creative AI

4:58 PM (3 hours ago) 4:58 PM
to ISMIR Community
Metacreation Lab for Creative AI
https://www.metacreation.net/
Metacreation Lab Newsletter | July 2024

>>Metacreation Lab at Ars Electronica 2024

We are delighted to announce that the Metacreation Lab for Creative AI will be part of the prestigious Ars Electronica Festival. This year's festival, titled “HOPE – who will turn the tide,” will take place in Linz from September 4 to 8.
Representing the School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT), we will showcase four innovative artworks. "Longing + Forgetting" by Philippe Pasquier, Matt Gingold, and Thecla Schiphorst explores pathfinding algorithms as metaphors for our personal and collective searches for solutions. "Autolume Mzton" by Jonas Kraasch and Philippe Pasquier examines the concept of birth through audio-reactive generative visuals. "Dreamscape" by Erica Lapadat-Janzen and Philippe Pasquier utilizes the Autolume system to train AI models with the artist's own works, creating unique stills and video loops. "Ensemble" by Arshia Sobhan and Philippe Pasquier melds traditional Persian calligraphy with AI to create dynamic calligraphic forms.
We look forward to seeing you there!
More Information: https://ars.electronica.art/hope/en/highlights/#campus

---

>>MMM4Live Official Release; Generative MIDI in Ableton Live

We are ecstatic to release our Ableton plugin for computer-assisted music composition! Meet MMM4Live, our flexible and generic multi-track music AI generator. MMM4Live embeds our state-of-the-art music transformer model that allows generating fitting original musical patterns in any style! When generating, the AI model considers the request parameters, your instrument choice, and the existing musical MIDI content within your Ableton Live project to deliver relevant material. With this infilling approach, your music is the prompt!
We, at the Metacreation Lab for Creative AI at Simon Fraser University (SFU), are excited about democratizing and pushing the boundaries of musical creativity through academic research and serving diverse communities of creatives.
For additional inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach out to pasq...@sfu.ca
Try it out: https://www.metacreation.net/projects/mmm4live

---

>>“Dreamscape” at the Provocation Exhibition

We are excited to announce that "Dreamscape," a collaboration between Erica Lapadat-Janzen and Philippe Pasquier, will be exhibited at the Provocation exhibition from July 6th to August 10th, 2024.
In response to AI-generated art based on big data, the Metacreation Lab developed Autolume, a no-coding environment that allows artists to train AI models using their chosen works. For "Dreamscape," the Metacreation Lab collaborated with Vancouver-based visual artist Erica Lapadat-Janzen. Using Autolume, they hand-picked and treated 12 stills and 9 video loops, capturing her unique aesthetic. Lapadat-Janzen's media artworks, performances, and installations draw viewers into a world of equilibrium, where moments punctuate daily events to clarify our existence and find poetic meaning.
Provocation exhibition brings artists and audiences together to celebrate and provoke conversations about contemporary living. The exhibition is at 215 Baker Rd, Salt Spring Island, BC, and is open to the public (free admission) every Saturday and Sunday from 12-4 pm.
More Information: https://provocation.art/artists-investigating-technology/metacreation

https://www.metacreation.net
https://ca.linkedin.com/in/philpass
https://www.instagram.com/metacreationlab
https://twitter.com/metacreationlab

http://click.cmpgnr.com/form?2u8kdq--y6lt-kw800ak2&sl=mn&t=5&ac=esz8
Update your subscription preferences visit
http://click.cmpgnr.com/form?2u8kdq--y6lt-kw800ak2&sl=mn&t=1&ac=esz8