Job: PhD/Postdoc in computational music theory @ TU Dortmund

Mark Gotham

Nov 23, 2021, 1:13:47 PM11/23/21
to Community Announcements
Dear ISMIR community,

Please follow this link for the official advert and full information (in German):
https://service.tu-dortmund.de/documents/18/2120797/1+Stelle+als+wiss.+Beschäftigte_r+%28m_w_d%29+%28Ref.Nr.+w92-21%29.pdf/70c62363-4381-1df5-4950-bb0898aed638

Context:
I have just begun a professorship in music theory at T.U. Dortmund and am creating a new lab for computational approaches to music theory, analysis and composition. This lab joins and complements a wider cluster of activity in MIR at T.U. Dortmund (http://sig-ma.de/).

Speciality:
For this fundamentally interdisciplinary group, I'm open to candidates with any relevant background. For instance, music theorists without computational expertise are welcome to apply, as long as they can demonstrate an interest in and aptitude for collaborations of this kind. Computer scientists are likewise very welcome as long as they are ready and equipped to work in a music department.

Research focus:
Topic options are flexible, contributing to one or more from a range of ongoing projects. Let's see what our shared interests are!

Naturally, I'm happy to answer questions.

All best,
Mark