[Call for Papers] CMMR 2020 in Tokyo on 2-6 Nov. (Paper Deadline: 30 April)

HIRATA Keiji

Feb 17, 2020, 9:39:58 PM2/17/20
to comm...@ismir.net, hir...@fun.ac.jp
Dear all,
(Apologies for cross-postings)

We are delighted to announce the Call for Papers for the 15th
International Symposium on Computer Music Multidisciplinary Research
(CMMR 2020), which will be held in Tokyo on 2-6 November 2020. CMMR is a
series of international symposia specialized in multidisciplinary
research related to music and computers. This year's CMMR is the first
symposium that is held in East Asia, under the conference theme "Music
in the AI Era."

CMMR 2020 invites the submission of papers related to all aspects of
multidisciplinary fields regarding music and computers, in particular,
submissions matching this year's topic "Music and the AI Era." CMMR is
an open-minded symposium that provides an opportunity to exchange ideas,
opinions, and findings for everyone engaged in music and computers from
different standpoints. We warmly welcome submissions from researchers,
educators, practitioners in industry, composers, performers, software
developers, librarians, and others with an interest in music-related
topics.

For detailed information, please visit the conference website:
http://www.cmmr2020.gttm.jp/

[Important dates]

30 April, 2020: Deadline for paper submission
10 July, 2020: Notification of acceptance
31 July 2020: Deadline for demo submission
1 Sept. 2020: Notification of demo acceptance
2-6 Nov. 2020: Conference dates

[Topics]

Original contributions are encouraged in, but not limited to, the
following topics:
- Audio Signal Processing
- Artificial intelligence and cognitive science for sound and music
- Auditory perception and cognition
- Augmented musical instruments
- Computational musicology
- Cooperative music networks
- Digital Communities
- Digital music libraries
- Evaluation of creative music systems
- Intelligent music tutoring systems
- Live coding
- Mapping and sonification
- Motion and gesture
- Multimodal perception
- Music and emotions
- Music games and interactive learning
- Music information retrieval
- Music interface design
- Music production and composition tools
- Music representation and visualization
- Music structure analysis
- Music transcription
- Musically inspired HCI
- Optical music recognition
- Semantic web
- Sound and architecture
- Sound and music in visual media
- Sound source separation
- Sound synthesis
- User studies (e.g. ethnography, usability of music software)
- Virtual and augmented reality

We are planning some special sessions. The topics of special sessions
will be announced soon.

[Submissions]

All paper submissions will be peer-reviewed to ensure quality and
suitability. Please prepare paper submissions according to the
Instructions for Authors.

We are delighted to announce that as in the previous CMMRs,
post-symposium proceedings consisting of selected peer-reviewed papers
are to be published in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science Series of
Springer Verlag.

On behalf of the CMMR 2020 Organizing Committee,
Keiji Hirata (Future University Hakodate), General Chair
Satoshi Tojo (JAIST), General Co-Chair
Tetsuro Kitahara (Nihon University), Scientific Program Chair

--

Keiji Hirata (Future University Hakodate)

Keiji HIRATA

Apr 15, 2020, 7:02:51 AM4/15/20
to comm...@ismir.net
Dear all,

As COVID-19 continues to have an impact around the globe, we hope that
you and your family remain safe, and we pray for the recovery of those
who may have fallen ill. As you know, Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic 2020
is delayed this summer and we have been looking for alternatives to
holding CMMR2020 in Tokyo in Nov.

Now, with additional travel bans in place and no clear resolution to the
spread of the COVID-19 in Japan in sight, it is clear that remaining in
Tokyo in Nov is no longer feasible, and we have no choice but to find
such alternatives.
To address the issues involved in re-configuring CMMR 2020, we have
formed CMMR 2020 emergency meeting, consisting of several individuals
who are involved with CMMR organizing committee. We have now reached a
decision regarding CMMR 2020:
*We have decided to reschedule CMMR 2020 for Fall, 2021 in Tokyo*.
The conference organizers invite all partners to continue their
engagement with this event and will work towards ensuring the same
program with an even greater level of participation in CMMR 2021.

On behalf of the CMMR 2020 Organizing Committee,
Keiji Hirata (Future University Hakodate), General Chair
Satoshi Tojo (JAIST), General Co-Chair
Tetsuro Kitahara (Nihon University), Scientific Program Chair

HIRATA Keiji

Jan 10, 2021, 9:37:45 PM1/10/21
to comm...@ismir.net, hir...@fun.ac.jp
Dear all,
(Apologies for cross-postings)

As announced in April 2020, We decided to reschedule CMMR 2020 for Fall,
2021 in Tokyo. Now the committee has decided to start preparations for
the conference. The date of the conference will be 15 November (Monday)
through 19 (Friday), 2021. At present, we hope that it will be possible
to organize a real format of CMMR in Tokyo, but depending on the future
situation, we will have to take into account the possibility of holding
an online or hybrid conference. Either way, the submission deadline of
contributions will be the end of April or May.

Please pay attention to the further messages about the details of CMMR
2021 to be announced at the conference Web page
http://www.cmmr2021.gttm.jp/ and mailing lists.

On behalf of the CMMR 2021 Organizing Committee,
Keiji Hirata (Future University Hakodate), General Chair
Satoshi Tojo (JAIST), General Co-Chair
Tetsuro Kitahara (Nihon University), Scientific Program Chair

--
平田

Keiji HIRATA

Apr 19, 2021, 5:11:10 AM4/19/21
to comm...@ismir.net, hir...@fun.ac.jp
Dear ISMIR Community,
(Apologies for cross-postings)

* The 15th International Symposium on Computer Music Multidisciplinary
Research (CMMR)
* Conference Date: 15-19 November, 2021

* Important Dates
Paper and music submissions deadline: 15th June, 2021
Notification of acceptance: 20th August, 2021
Camera-ready deadline: 30th August, 2021
Author's registration deadline: 30th August, 2021

For details, please access the CMMR 2021 official web site:
https://www.cmmr2021.gttm.jp/ .

Best Wishes,
Keiji Hirata (General Chair, Future University Hakodate)