Oxford ML Summer School (OxML 2023) -- call for application

Reza Khorshidi

Nov 4, 2022, 10:01:54 AM11/4/22
to MLCSB COSI

Dates: July 8-16, 2023 (Oxford Mathematical Institute + Virtual)
Application deadline: March, 2023
For more info, please visit the school’s website: www.oxfordml.school
Link to the application form: https://forms.gle/Qu6u3i5Q9YWdDMn2A

About OxML 2023
  • OxML is organised by AI for Global Goals, in partnership with CIFAR and The University of Oxford’s Deep Medicine Program.
  • OxML schools have a special focus on ML and SDGs. That is, in addition to theoretical ML lectures, it will have lectures on the application of ML in various SDGs areas.
  • OxML 2023 will have two separate 4-day schools: (1) ML x Health, and (2) ML x Finance.
  • To provide all participants with the necessary background in fundamental theory and implementation and coding of ML/DL models, our 2023 program will also have two additional modules: MLx Fundamentals, and MLx Cases. They will take place online, during May and June 2023, and are open to both modules' accepted participants.
  • The schools will take place in the Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford and online.
  • We aim to host ~250 participants in person (plus 300 virtually) in each school.
  • You can find out more about the previous schools — including the previous speakers — here.
The schools' theoretical tutorials on modern ML (including DL) will cover topics such as:
  • Neural networks, deep learning / representation learning (with, with little, or without supervision), ...
  • Statistical/probabilistic ML (e.g., Bayesian ML, Gaussian processes, variational inference, Bayesian neural networks)
  • NLP, computer vision, and multi-modal representation learning
  • ...
On the applied side, the school will cover topics such as:
  • MLx Health: The applications of ML in imaging, genomics, electronic health records (EHR), drug discovery, ...
  • MLx Finance: The applications of ML in asset mgmt., banking, insurance and emerging risks , hedging and options trading, ...
Speakers
The school’s world-renowned speakers are from top ML research groups. The speakers’ bios and more details on their talks will be announced in the coming weeks.
You can see our previous speakers here, and follow the updates via the school’s website, or Twitter and LinkedInaccounts.

Target audience
  • Everyone is welcome to apply to OxML 2023 regardless of their origin, nationality, and country of residence.
  • Our target audience are (1) PhD students with a good technical background whose research topics are related to ML, plus (2) researchers and engineers in both academia and industry with similar/advanced levels of technical knowledge.
  • All applicants are subject to a selection process; we aim to select strongly motivated participants, who are interested in broadening their knowledge of the advanced topics in the field of ML/DL and their applications.
Application
You can find the application for  the school here.
Given the overwhelming number of applications we received in previous years, the application portal may close earlier than the deadline if the number of applications exceeds our capacity to review.
For any queries, you can contact us on con...@oxfordml.school

Best,
Reza Khorshidi