Kaggle at ISMB/ECCB

已查看 39 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Iddo Friedberg

未读,
2023年5月3日 16:06:332023/5/3
收件人 MLCSB COSI
Dear all,

As you may know, the 5th Critical Assessment of protein Function Prediction (CAFA 5) is being held on Kaggle this year, with $50,000 prizes donated by Google.  You are welcome to have a look and participate: https://www.kaggle.com/competitions/cafa-5-protein-function-prediction/
CAFA has been running since 2010, and this is the first time we are partnering with Kaggle. CAFA5  has generated high interest in the Kaggle community, with ongoing engagement, and we are looking forward to seeing how the results pan out.

On a related topic, Dr. Walter Reade, a data scientist at Kaggle, will be giving a keynote talk at the Function COSI at ISMB/ECCB 2023 (https://biofunctionprediction.org/). Walter has been instrumental in implementing CAFA on Kaggle, and will talk about his experiences in Kaggle competitions, Kaggle communities, and other aspects of this platform.

Walter will be available throughout ISMB/ECCB, and is especially looking to connect with members of  MLCSB, given the obvious overlaps in interests.

If you are an MLCSB COSI organizer this year, and are interested, I would welcome you contacting me for mutual opportunities at ISMB/ECCB this year.

Thank you,

Iddo

--
Iddo Friedberg, PhD
Associate Professor, Veterinary Microbiology and Preventive Medicine

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子