Senior Lecturer (associate professor) in Computational Biology & Bioinformatics (3 posts)

Magnus Rattray

Jun 13, 2023, 5:43:48 PM6/13/23
to MLCSB COSI

Applications are invited for three full-time Senior Lecturers in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics at the University of Manchester, UK

We are seeking to expand our existing bioinformatics capabilities by recruiting experienced academics to augment our existing Faculty and develop their own research programmes to complement our existing biological and biomedical research. We are looking for informatics-driven scientists who can drive their own research and teaching agenda but will also complement and enhance our strengths in in bioscience research in areas such as genomic sequencing, multi ‘omic science, single cell biology, evolution, imaging, modelling, structural biology, artificial intelligence, machine learning, synthetic and systems biology.

You will be a leader in your field, driving exciting research that enhances our strengths, and we will support you in the development of an independent and aspirational research programme. You will already appreciate that training the next generation is both important and rewarding, and we will provide opportunities to shape both our undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes and supervise the next generation of computational bioscientists through their PhDs.

At Manchester, we embrace, celebrate and respect difference. We support each other to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential. The faculty’s ethos is to promote an inclusive and representative environment where all staff and students have voices with potential to influence positive change. We encourage applications from talented individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds, and in particular those currently underrepresented. All three of our Schools hold a Silver Athena SWAN award which recognises good practice in relation to gender, flexible working arrangements, family-friendly policies, and good work-life balance. All appointments are made on merit.

For further details see https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/Job/JobDetail?JobId=25643