Looking for a PhD in "AI for biology/medicine" in Europe (France or Germany).

ben abdelali hanene

Jul 12, 2023, 8:51:00 AM7/12/23
to mlcsb...@iscb.org

Dear all,

My name is Hanene Ben Abdelali, and I am from Tunisia. I have successfully obtained a master's degree in computer science from the  Higher Institute of Computer Science and Mathematics in Monastir, Tunisia.

I am reaching out to you today to convey my unwavering passion for research and my profound eagerness to expand my expertise in this field. It is with great enthusiasm that I express my strong motivation to embark on an LMD PhD program in Computer Science  in Europe (France/Germany).

From March 2021 to July 2022, I had an internship in the laboratory of technologies and medical imaging of the Faculty of Medicine of Monastir, Tunisia, as an Artificial Intelligence (AI) developer/researcher. During this experience, I worked on a subject entitled: AI approach for detecting and segmentation COVID-19 lesions based on DL and 3D modeling .This opportunity allows me to work in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team: computer scientists, doctors and radiologists and to acquire the experience of developing machine learning and deep learning algorithms, processing and manipulation of large medical database. Moreover, during this experience, I learned teamwork, and time management.

I have already written my first scientific paper and have been ranked as the first author under the supervision of my Master's advisor. This paper has been accepted and presented at the 6th International Conference on "Advanced Technologies for Signal and Image Processing" (ATSIP 2022) and published in the IEEE Xplore digital library (you can find the paper at this link: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9805884, and I can also send you the full version of the paper if you are interested). Furthermore, I participated in other national conferences: TAIMA 2022(http://www.arts-pi.org.tn/TAIMA2020/prog.phpand AMINA 2022 (https://amina2022.sciencesconf.org/)),  with oral presentations and won the 3rd prize for scientific papers organized by the Faculty of Medicine in Monastir, Tunisia, from February 24th to 26th, 2022.

Currently, I am in the process of finalizing another  scientific article which summarizes my master's research work.

In addition, I have already worked on other projects related to AI applied on genomics data. I participated in a project aimed at classifying DNA sequences into two classes: Promoter and non-promoter using Deep learning model.  Currently, I am actively working on a project focused on studying the interactions between the Leucine zipper proteins and DNA sequence to better understand the molecular mechanisms involved in the regulation of gene expression using a hybrid approach based on molecular simulations and Deep Learning algorithms. These experiences allowed me to understand the challenges of bioinformatics in the processing, manipulation of complex biological data, and to develop a methodical approach to solving complex problems related to the analysis of biological data.

Now, I am actively seeking a doctoral position in "AI for biology/medicine" at a research laboratory in France. My strong interest lies in combining my background in medical data with the advancements in AI. I am highly motivated to contribute to the field by conducting innovative research that leverages AI techniques to address challenges in the biology and medicine domains.
Completing a PhD in this area would allow me to deepen my knowledge, acquire new skills, and make significant contributions to the intersection of AI and healthcare.

Attached, please find a single PDF file containing my CV, my transcript, my diplomas, my letters of recommendation, as well as my certificate of participation in the conferences (please find all the papers published on my ResearchGate page).

I sincerely thank you for considering my application. I remain at your disposal to schedule an interview or for any additional information or document required.

Pending a favorable return, please accept, Madame, Sir, the expression of my respectful greetings.

Best regards,

Hanene Ben Abdelali.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
12/07/23 13:49:53
Hanene-Ben-Abdelali-PhD-Application-2023.pdf