Unit test context configuration read-only

Eric Kintzer

May 28, 2024, 8:19:32 PMMay 28
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Today, when I started doing work on a long-standing project with dozens of unit test configurations, I discover they are all in read-only mode and have no idea how that could have happened or how to fix

I can add new Unit Test configs but I can't edit any existing ones

* I repaired the IDE
* I updated the Intellij IDE (Community Edition to very latest)
* I was already on the latest IC2
* I even deleted a few configs to see if there was some max limit

all to no avail.

Puzzled

UnitTestConfigurationIntellijReadOnly.png

Scott

May 28, 2024, 8:32:32 PMMay 28
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, crop...@gmail.com
Hi, Eric. That's an intentional change from the most recent few builds which add quite a bit of dependency-based functionality to unit testing and code coverage analysis:

Context configurations are created based on a contextual selection, so they were never intended to be editable from the get-go. In fact, I had a big TODO about the checkbox tree still being editable for those, but while working on these new features, I figured out how to do what I originally wanted and make them read-only.

If you want an editable Apex unit test run configuration, you can -- as you noted -- create one explicitly, and you can change its selections as you'd like. Context configurations, though, are read-only based on the original contextual selection.

Regards,
Scott Wells